• Show
Clear All

Here is what I've got bigbang.
    Attached Files

Comment

[quote=The Cajun;13864363]
      Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Way to go everyone!!!

I have not seen much of any real rut activity on my place 3 miles east of town. Don’t know what the deal is???

I did get a nice fat doe for the tamale lady last week though!

Tamale Lady?

We have a Mexican family that lives on the ranch. Jamie and Mary Ann are their names. I believe Mary Ann's Family does a lot of Tamale's in Sonora. Curious if this is the same family.

Not the same folks! But I’m open to meet new tamale chefs anytime!!!! The ones I got are great, but were a bit pricey too, considering I provided the meat.

Congrats on all y’alls kills!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        Congrats on the doe and bade arse blind. Do you mind sharing the Tamale lady's number and the cost she charges?

I can’t give you her contact info till I check and see if she wants the business first. She told me earlier that she only makes a limited amount due to time restraints. They were $10/dz, but they are really good.

Bisch

Comment

Had a great trip to Sonora last week with the family. Probably the most Axis I've seen on one trip. Unfortunately, the lease will be changing after this season from year around access to only 6 months of the year during hunting season. Not to happy due to most Axis on the ranch being hard horn in the spring and summer, but is what it is. Needless to say we got the meat we needed to hold off till next season.

The axis were grouped up big time. Had one morning hunt where I saw 4 different groups on 640 acres with 25+ in each group. Another morning I had a group of what I believe to be 40-50 in a group that we took two out of. Was an incredible week and can't wait to get back out there.
          Attached Files

Comment

^^^
            You men made a nice haul on some nice bucks. Congratulations!

Comment

Looks like it was a good hunt for you guys, Im assuming yall are east of town?

Comment

Heading out tomorrow for the last weekend of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I can’t give you her contact info till I check and see if she wants the business first. She told me earlier that she only makes a limited amount due to time restraints. They were $10/dz, but they are really good.

Bisch

No problem and understandable. I asked my local taco stand and they are making me some as we speak. I should get 20-25 dozen out of the deer & pork I brought them. At $8/dozen, I didn't think it was too bad.

Comment

Just wanted to say this Sonora thread has been a great tool for myself and the guys on my lease . I've enjoyed all the stories and pics .And I will most definitely still follow along in the future but someone else will need to start this thread next year as my group and I are moving to a new lease on the north side of lake OH Ivie. Good luck to all y'all !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, back to looking for a new place in Sonora! I’m headed west at the end of February to grab my things, if anyone has any leads they would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I will be getting off of our place in Sonora this year. Not sure if they have someone in mind for the spot yet or not. But if there’s going to be an opening I will get with the manager and get y’all his contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                          I will be getting off of our place in Sonora this year. Not sure if they have someone in mind for the spot yet or not. But if there’s going to be an opening I will get with the manager and get y’all his contact.
                          Gonna shoot you a PM

Comment

He’ll be good this season !!!

Waited on my trophy, ended up with a nice 8. Had a great season !

My son shot this fat boy.

Comment

Great job buddy.

-john

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post

Looks like you had a good season!

Comment

Working...
                                X