X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Comment

Listen here,

You can put boot leather in the crockpot and it would taste good with that gravy that is left. My god that’s delicious.

Beef roast was outstanding as sliders.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
        Shoulders have become one of my favorite parts of a deer. They make the best roasts because all the sinew melts and keeps the meat moist and flavorful. Same with the neck and shanks. Honestly, I look to the hams if I need ground or sausage.

Exactly the same here. By far our favorite part of a deer. When processing we de-bone the shoulder.Then we cut into large chunks like you would the rest of the grind. Only that portion never makes it to the grind . It is packaged separately for recipes just like this! Gonna have to give this one a try.

Comment

I did this one in the instant pot but with beef roast tonight and it's a home run. I'll try it with a venison roast when we kill our next deer.

I used the same basic recipe but used 2 packs of ranch, 2 packs of au jus, half a carton of beef broth, a big red onion, garlic, 1 stick of butter, 1 16 oz jar of pepercini with juice and all and then at the end I thickened the juice in the pot with some med brown roux to make a gravy. Fabulous. Cook time in the Instant Pot was 60 min and then let set 15 min before depressurizing.

Comment

My family loves this as well as everyone that eats it with us. I leave the butter out though. Good recipe to pass along for sure

Comment

I will definitely be tring this with some Axis meat asap!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Did this last night and threw in some mule deer shanks, steaks and a hunk of backstrap to see which parts turned out better. Really wish I wasn't out of shoulder. It was ALL good.Will be doing it again. First time cooking deer shanks instead of just grinding them, but sure wont be the last. Had a much richer flavor than the other cuts.

Comment

Ok I’m intrigued and want to see what all the rave is about. Seems like some strange ingredients but imma try it with a chuck roast. Awful simple process that’s for sure [emoji106]
                    Will update you guys on results.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Ok I’m intrigued and want to see what all the rave is about. Seems like some strange ingredients but imma try it with a chuck roast. Awful simple process that’s for sure [emoji106]
                      Will update you guys on results.

You won’t be disappointed. The more peppers the more kick you get. Next time I’ll be adding more.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        You won’t be disappointed. The more peppers the more kick you get. Next time I’ll be adding more.

Sierracharlie out…

I have the Hawaiian rolls ready too [emoji106] Question: Are you sure I don’t need to add any additional liquid? No broth or anything?

Comment

I have the Hawaiian rolls ready too [emoji106] Question: Are you sure I don’t need to add any additional liquid? No broth or anything?

Promise. I thought the same thing but there is plenty when it’s said and done. Enough to make a gravy or just use for dipping if you wanted.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I added half a jar of the pepper juice. It came out awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Promise. I thought the same thing but there is plenty when it’s said and done. Enough to make a gravy or just use for dipping if you wanted.

Sierracharlie out…
                              Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              I added half a jar of the pepper juice. It came out awesome.
                              Thanks guys...I’m excited

Comment

Nice, looks delicious

Comment

Working...
                                X