TX Gator Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All listed so far..

The one that surprised me was Stillhouse.

No one believed me until that one kid killed one there and got in trouble.

Comment

Most all do. Lake Fork and Lake Lewisville do and pretty sure they've been ssen at Grapevine lake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        All listed so far..

The one that surprised me was Stillhouse.

No one believed me until that one kid killed one there and got in trouble.
        Are you talking about Stillhouse Hollow near Killeen?

Comment

I would pretty well bet all but maybe the far western ones have gators.

Comment

BA Steinhagen aka dam b, used to be full of em, ain’t been up there in a couple years but I’ve heard a few stories of duck hunters losing dogs there and remember once when a big one had crawled up on the highway and was hit by a car

Comment

I was on my standing on my trolling motor following pretty close to one on Rayburn for several minutes and realized I was in a stump field and better stop before I hit one and fall over the bow of the boat. HAHA!

I've seen them on Rayburn, Fork, Nacogdoches and Bellwood (very small lake in Tyler). As much as I've been on Palestine and Tyler, I've never seen any on either of those. I worked with a guy that lived on Tyler and he had to leave work one day to go help his elderly neighbor lady with a gator in her back yard.

Not Texas, but Ross Barnett in Mississippi, the Red River out of Shreveport and naturally the Atchafalaya Basin are LOADED with them.
              I was talking to a home owner on Ross Barnett one time I was fishing it and he told me they stocked the gators in that lake to control the beavers. My question is how bad does the beaver population have to be to stock gators?

Here are photos of Red River gators
              Click image for larger version

Name:	RedRiverGator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	24575445

Name:	RedRiverGators.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	24575444

Atchafalaya gator released unharmed

Name:	Atchfalaya gator.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	24575446
              Last edited by jlinville; 03-27-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

gators

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Yep especially in the Lampasas river

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  Yep especially in the Lampasas river
                  Yep I believe that one was an 11 footer that the kid shot and put on FB. It's skull is in the TPWD office in Temple.

Comment

Giants live on Rayburn.
                    There is a dinosaur that lives on the north end by the 103 bridge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Caddo Lake doesn't

Comment

All 5 lakes in Holly Lake Ranch. Biggest was over 10'. Most a lot smaller.

Comment

I swear this is a true story.....An Angelina county game warden once told me I must have been drunk or hallucinating when I told him I saw a big gator close to Harvey Creek on Sam Rayburn because "There are NO alligators on Sam Rayburn"

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                              I swear this is a true story.....An Angelina county game warden once told me I must have been drunk or hallucinating when I told him I saw a big gator close to Harvey Creek on Sam Rayburn because "There are NO alligators on Sam Rayburn"
                              well he was mostly right...

Comment

Originally posted by FlounderPounder View Post
                                BA Steinhagen aka dam b, used to be full of em, ain’t been up there in a couple years but I’ve heard a few stories of duck hunters losing dogs there and remember once when a big one had crawled up on the highway and was hit by a car
                                Yeah they are still there lol some big ones at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X