No announcement yet.

Face to face with a mountain lion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t carry a pistol on me while hunting but I bet if something like this happened to me I’d reconsider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scary and cool deal, Ken. Thanks for sharing. Seems like you handled it just right. Imagine you'll be on high alert going forward in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        he's trying to be ultra cool and ultra tactical .... but neither happened.

Lots of people spend lots of their time worrying about how YOU carry YOUR pistol and then making stupid and condescending remarks about it.

It's all the rage among the black-pant crowd.
        Actually, you couldn’t be more wrong in your comments about me. It was a simple question not condescending or judgmental. Relax.

Comment

I would have to take a shot. I’ve never seen a lion, but I want to kill one.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Actually, you couldn’t be more wrong in your comments about me. It was a simple question not condescending or judgmental. Relax.
            my apologies.

For the record, I'm in full agreement with you on the emptying of the magazine.

Comment

Crazy! I think I would of taken the shot, but things change when you're put in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                This was San Saba county.
                I know that there have been sightings in the Northwest part of San Saba county near our place. Neat experience, glad you kept your cool.

Comment

Next time you walking to your stand in the dark and flush a covy of quail, you gonna shat yo self and scream like a little girl. Don't ask how I know.

Comment

When it comes to dangerous animals that aren't scared of me my thoughts are, I better kill it right now before it kills me later. It wasn't scared of you. It probably never meant for you to see it. Kinda makes me wonder what's gonna happen next time.

You should have ended the story "To be continued....Maybe."

Comment

I had one in Saba pop out in front of me on a wide trail at sunset. I unslung my rifle and never missed a step walking to it. Probably never ever had an animal walk towards it. It freaked out and ran away.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        Guess you don’t keep one live.

I’d have emptied the magazine ��
                        Nope. I’m actually more worried about my forgetful self carrying a handgun with one chambered than I am about a big cat in the dark. Glocks only safety is my trigger finger. Always worried I’m gonna be walking through some brush a limb somehow reaches in my holster and pulls the trigger haha! I prefer to have only one hole in my ***!

Comment

Did you change your undies when you got back to camp

Comment

Comment

Man that’s a cool story probably th right call on not shooting. I only seent a mountain lion one time and i almost chit myself. I was sitting on a bucket in a creek bottom 50 yards away from where he stepped out and had spilled doe pee down my pant leg when setting up, all I had was my bow and a 2” pocket knife. I called my dad for a ride out of there. Never will I ever go hunting without my handgun again

Comment

That’s a cool story you’ll have forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X