Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The River and the Wall" Trumps borderwall and wildlife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
    Anyone that thinks a wall is going to get built from Pacific to Rio Grande is delusional.
    I agree
    Even if Trump gets reelected 8 years will not be enough time to complete it from pacific to the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      Anyone that thinks a wall is going to get built from Pacific to Rio Grande is delusional.
      I don't see the wall reaching South Texas "as much as I would like to" but not likely. And I don't think wild life depend on the Rio Grand for a main source of water exclusively. At least not with in the immediate vicinity anyway or Deep South Texas. Perhaps in far west Texas where ranching is not as prevalent as it is here.

Here's my perspective. If illegals can cross and make it past the check points in the brush drinking well water from a canoga so can wild life "especially wildlife".

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
        I've often thought that if we as a country enforced laws and quit giving the handouts to people here illegally, the wall would not be a necessity.
        Exactly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've often thought that if we as a country enforced laws and quit giving the handouts to people here illegally, the wall would not be a necessity.
          same here

Comment

I've had a civil discussion with Ben about this subject. I confronted him on the fact he uses Big Bend area as a scare tactic regarding the border wall yet there would never be a wall in that area as it is not a passage point for illegals. He didn't want to discuss that and pointed out that they could decide to put the wall thru that area at a later date. I agreed and said when that discussion happens let's visit the issues regarding that. Until then let's just discuss what IS being done now.

Comment

I doubt it would hurt wildlife at all? The only animals crossing the river are an occasional black bear or mountain lion or maybe a LF deer sometimes. We don't have a mass migration like Africa does so what would it stop? Migratory birds go over it so no harm there.

Comment

Mother Nature finds a away. Don't need a continuous wall. Just strategically placed walls where needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  I've had a civil discussion with Ben about this subject. I confronted him on the fact he uses Big Bend area as a scare tactic regarding the border wall yet there would never be a wall in that area as it is not a passage point for illegals. He didn't want to discuss that and pointed out that they could decide to put the wall thru that area at a later date. I agreed and said when that discussion happens let's visit the issues regarding that. Until then let's just discuss what IS being done now.
                  I gotta be hones, I didn't even think about the wall not even going through that part. Good point.

Comment

So no one thinks it would affect the new Bighorn sheep that have been introduced? I sure would love for us to have a good huntable population

Comment

Seems to me that with all the technology and drones, the gubment could go about protecting the border without any wall. Ever 100 miles or so build a drone station and let the BP patrol it with thermal imaging drones. If a coyote did bring in a group of people they could follow them and set up a trap for them. Then again I have no idea what I am talking about, just a simple view of things.

Comment

The wall won't get built, and it doesn't need to.

We need to start prosecuting people who use illegals. That means go to Home Depot, watch the workers get picked up, stop that truck, and make sure everything is legal. Make the temp visa program more accessible like it was under Obama. Then enforce laws already on the book; if they overstay, they get sent home, and are not allowed back for a certain period of time. If they are found here illegally a second time, they get locked up for a certain amount of time.

Once you have stopped the flow stemming from coming here for work, go after criminals running drugs and trafficking people. This can be done with our military, and we can bring them home from battling those sand diggers in the middle east, and let our boys sleep on their home turf.

The wall doesn't need to be built, and shouldn't be built. Enforcement of current laws would go a lot further compared to a wall being built. A wall being built would impact who knows how many thousands of species and people.

Comment

There will never be a wall built on the Rio. Farm and ranch programs that would support a boundary-free of overgrowth for 3-500 yards along the river where possible would sure help.

Comment

If you consider a wall stretching from California to the tip of Texas there could possibly be an impact on some of the wildlife. I am not educated enough on the subject of wildlife and their travel patterns to say it would or would not effect any of them.

On a separate note, but related to the wall discussion, this is an interesting video:

The Shift - October Edition. A CBP produced video.
                            Last edited by Pedernal; 05-31-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Build the wall, the animals will adapt . Nature always does.
                              ^^ I couldn't agree more

That's an awfully big "IF", which means it'll never come to pass.
                              BUILD THE WALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                The wall won't get built, and it doesn't need to.

We need to start prosecuting people who use illegals. That means go to Home Depot, watch the workers get picked up, stop that truck, and make sure everything is legal. Make the temp visa program more accessible like it was under Obama. Then enforce laws already on the book; if they overstay, they get sent home, and are not allowed back for a certain period of time. If they are found here illegally a second time, they get locked up for a certain amount of time.

Once you have stopped the flow stemming from coming here for work, go after criminals running drugs and trafficking people. This can be done with our military, and we can bring them home from battling those sand diggers in the middle east, and let our boys sleep on their home turf.

The wall doesn't need to be built, and shouldn't be built. Enforcement of current laws would go a lot further compared to a wall being built. A wall being built would impact who knows how many thousands of species and people.
                                So you think the wall would impact negatively on wildlife in the area?

Comment

Working...
                                X