OH - local Leo failure, yet again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Guns / bow would be good to take away for me. I'd say okay for a butter knife.

It's about the ability to hurt others.
    You cant take that away. Its in the brain.

Comment

Guns / bow would be good to take away for me. I'd say okay for a butter knife.

It's about the ability to hurt others.
      Than take the person out of society. Some people are just wired differently and they want to cause harm. The tool they use to accomplish this is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Some people are just wired differently and they want to cause harm. The tool they use to accomplish this is irrelevant.
        ^^^^ This

At least with a crazy person and a gun, people have a chance to get away or take out the shooter. When crazy people use vehicles, airplanes, bombs, fertilizer, the victims have pretty much no chance. You are just run over or blown to bits. Given the choice, I'd rather take my chances against a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          ^^^^ This

At least with a crazy person and a gun, people have a chance to get away or take out the shooter. When crazy people use vehicles, airplanes, bombs, fertilizer, the victims have pretty much no chance. You are just run over or blown to bits. Given the choice, I'd rather take my chances against a gun.
          That why you don't want democrats making laws ( as seen in this thread already ) they don't really have a clue.

Comment

Than take the person out of society. Some people are just wired differently and they want to cause harm. The tool they use to accomplish this is irrelevant.
            I dont mind this at all - People who dont have hit lists and rap* lists can have all the guns they want.

I thinks it's a fairly simple policy that anyone with those lists needs nothing to do with guns or knives or bows or samurai swords.

Comment

I dont mind this at all - People who dont have hit lists and rap* lists can have all the guns they want.

I thinks it's a fairly simple policy that anyone with those lists needs nothing to do with guns or knives or bows or samurai swords.
              How do you determine who shouldn't have guns, knives or bows? How do you enforce it? What is to prevent the from using a different tool (car, gas can & match, fork)?

Comment

At a young age, I was "diagnosed" with ADD. Got put on meds. This was late 80's when all this crap medicating took off. I hated taking them. Now I was very productive while at school but all social skills went out the window. I was literally a zombie. My parents misread it and thought I was depressed. Had to go to counseling. "Qualified" counselor called it deep depression. Potential suicidal. Long talk with my folks, got off the meds, and have been easily distracted happy young man for 30 years.
                With these potential "red flag" laws, the only thing seen about my life will be that 2 year stretch. With no context. They won't see the endless hours of volunteer work, the productive input to society, etc. I'll be judged because of a crap medication.

Comment

A guy I went to HS with, went on to attend UVA then got his masters at UT. Smart guy, but socially awkward. Went to work in the oil field, and his awkwardness got a more excessive. I dont think he fit in well during his hitches and he became more isolated. Ended up setting his truck on fire in his bosses driveway, had a gas can in his hand when cops showed up, no one was hurt. Got charged with felony arson in 2016.

I have been following his case online. No expert here, but I want to say they have him listed as incompetent to stand trail. And he was just sentenced to a year at Rusk State Hospital, which is an awful place. Not sure what happens after that, but I am pretty positive he isnt coming out of Rusk less crazy than he went in. Think that is basically a life sentence served in 12 month intervals.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                    At a young age, I was "diagnosed" with ADD. Got put on meds. This was late 80's when all this crap medicating took off. I hated taking them. Now I was very productive while at school but all social skills went out the window. I was literally a zombie. My parents misread it and thought I was depressed. Had to go to counseling. "Qualified" counselor called it deep depression. Potential suicidal. Long talk with my folks, got off the meds, and have been easily distracted happy young man for 30 years.
                    With these potential "red flag" laws, the only thing seen about my life will be that 2 year stretch. With no context. They won't see the endless hours of volunteer work, the productive input to society, etc. I'll be judged because of a crap medication.
                    Hit lists and rap* lists are all the context I need - I dont care if you are depressed or have ADD. I care if you wish and fantasize about harm to others, and are caught doing so.

Comment

Hit lists and rap* lists are all the context I need - I dont care if you are depressed or have ADD. I care if you wish and fantasize about harm to others, and are caught doing so.
                      We are in agreement with your above statement. Once again, who gets to determine what your are thinking is real or faux?

This whole Ohio deal has the same traits as the Florida gunman. He was crazy, but protected by the Obama law not to label you as crazy.

Comment

We are in agreement with your above statement. Once again, who gets to determine what your are thinking is real or faux?

This whole Ohio deal has the same traits as the Florida gunman. He was crazy, but protected by the Obama law not to label you as crazy.
                        He was reported by people that received heinous messages about how he was going gruesomely kill them or rap* them. They investigated and found the lists and other information. He was kicked out of school.

Next in this process should be never own any gun / knife.

These insane people are protected due to the litigation happy red tape creators that have everyone walking on egg shells.

Comment

He was reported by people that received heinous messages about how he was going gruesomely kill them or rap* them. They investigated and found the lists and other information. He was kicked out of school.

Next in this process should be never own any gun / knife.

These insane people are protected due to the litigation happy red tape creators that have everyone walking on egg shells.
                          Here is the problem. There is already laws against murdering folks. He didn't follow that one. What makes you think he will follow the law that says he can't have a gun? There are laws that say people can't have drugs. Those work so well....lets add some more laws to the books. Criminals don't follow the laws. People that won't murder you do.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            I'm confused about what you are asking for.

Comment

But where does it end. Starts out with your "obvious" lists. Guess what, 10 years and 10 shootings later, lets add to the list. Still not enough, lets add more.

For the record, I am tired of seeing these incidents just as much as the next guy. There is a bigger issue with this country than guns and mental health.
                              Last edited by SAC; 08-06-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                I'm confused about what you are asking for.
                                What is it you’re confused about? Did you read the article? We need to enforce laws we have. State and local law enforcement needs to communicate with feds in cases like this. We can’t dismiss credible threats like this. He’s been treating to kill and rape people for years. “Obsessed with killing”, as one acquaintance put it.

Comment

Working...
                                X