Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH - local Leo failure, yet again!

All the signs were there!

Acquaintances tell the Dayton Daily News the warning signs — signs of the shooter’s unusual obsession with killing and death — cropped up long ago.

Wow. Mental health is a huge issue. We do not treat it. We medicate it and can not force anyone to take the meds. Look at Austin. Austin state hospital medicates individuals to where they appear to be ok and then let them out. Nowhere to go and no money and they stop taking meds, next think you have is a bunch of homeless mental patients running around town

Comment

Not sure about blaming the LEO's. Most doctors cannot talk about their patients. Do you listen to a bunch of teenagers about a person they do not trust. Tough situation for all involved. I have no answers.

Comment

And he was walking out there amongst them.
        Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 08-05-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Not sure about blaming the LEO's. Most doctors cannot talk about their patients. Do you listen to a bunch of teenagers about a person they do not trust. Tough situation for all involved. I have no answers.
          No, but someone should have mentioned something to someone to get the help he needed. I do not know the whole story such as was there medication he dod not take or stopped taking? Hippa las can be a pain however, Drs know what is right and wrong

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            No, but someone should have mentioned something to someone to get the help he needed. I do not know the whole story such as was there medication he dod not take or stopped taking? Hippa las can be a pain however, Drs know what is right and wrong
            It's not right are wrong. Dr's lips have to be sealed.

Comment

Wow. Mental health is a huge issue. We do not treat it. We medicate it and can not force anyone to take the meds. Look at Austin. Austin state hospital medicates individuals to where they appear to be ok and then let them out. Nowhere to go and no money and they stop taking meds, next think you have is a bunch of homeless mental patients running around town
              Man you ain't kidding. I'm here now for some Osha training. There's about a dozen or so camped out behind the 7-11 across from the hotel. Staring at the trees, talking, but to no one, just sitting in the dirt, etc..
              Not like the hippie transit type, these are smooth off their rocker.
              #Howard&35

Comment

Sadly, i had Cousin-n-law, if you will, take his own life in a scenario like this.

Comment

No easy legal answer. Problem dramatized in movie "Minority Report", where savant beings could see into the future and tell who would commit crimes.

Can't actually see into the future.

Yet, this impending "red flag" legislation will no-doubt attempt to predict who is a danger and, therefore, immediately stripped of due process as weapons are confiscated (probably in no-knock, battering-ram raids). Will these be prompted by mad ex-wives/-girlfriends, strangers taking behavior out of context... or what?

Comment

Every Mass Shooting has Something in Common

and it's not weapons.

"Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/eve...#ixzz5vmzUPFBc
                    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
                    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

"The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      No easy legal answer. Problem dramatized in movie "Minority Report", where savant beings could see into the future and tell who would commit crimes.

Can't actually see into the future.

Yet, this impending "red flag" legislation will no-doubt attempt to predict who is a danger and, therefore, immediately stripped of due process as weapons are confiscated (probably in no-knock, battering-ram raids). Will these be prompted by mad ex-wives/-girlfriends, strangers taking behavior out of context... or what?

Red flag laws usurp due process. Slippery slope. This can easily be abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        and it's not weapons.

"Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/eve...#ixzz5vmzUPFBc
                        Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
                        Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

"The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."
                        Johnathan Gilliam talked about it on david Webb’s show today. It was the first mention I’ve heard of it on any large platform.

Comment

If they have found you to have a "hit list" or "rap* list". You are subsequently kicked out of school for a period of time because of those lists / texts. I dont care if you never have the ability to own a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            If they have found you to have a "hit list" or "rap* list". You are subsequently kicked out of school for a period of time because of those lists / texts. I dont care if you never have the ability to own a gun.
                            Would a person who at one time made said list also not get a car, gas, bow, knife, pointy stick, baseball bat, hatchet, piece of rope, piece of wire, length of pipe, rock,and does he have to wear cushy mittens for life? Just looking for the line you are drawing, is it actually about hurting others, or just guns?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                              Would a person who at one time made said list also not get a car, gas, bow, knife, pointy stick, baseball bat, hatchet, piece of rope, piece of wire, length of pipe, rock,and does he have to wear cushy mittens for life? Just looking for the line you are drawing, is it actually about hurting others, or just guns?
                              Guns / bow would be good to take away for me. I'd say okay for a butter knife.

It's about the ability to hurt others.

Comment

Working...
                              X