No announcement yet.

Stand and Fill Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn under a feeder is a non-issue. We have 3 different types of stand and fills, all with varying designs and corn never piles up, rots, or otherwise creates a problem being under a feeder. Deer, hogs, you name it, they get to that corn with ease. As far as I'm concerned, that's a made-up issue that doesn't exist in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      Corn under a feeder is a non-issue. We have 3 different types of stand and fills, all with varying designs and corn never piles up, rots, or otherwise creates a problem being under a feeder. Deer, hogs, you name it, they get to that corn with ease. As far as I'm concerned, that's a made-up issue that doesn't exist in reality.
      I am glad I am not the only one who never understood the "corn under the feeder" thing. I get that you may want most of your corn thrown far to spread it out... but corn dribbling under the feeder has never been an issue that I have ever witnessed nor understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Not saying they don't eat the corn under the feeder but two issues. One, ruling arrows and broadheads shooting through the animals and hitting a leg and when the arrow hit the buck he jerks up his head and breaks a time or main beam in the cage under the feeder. So I'm careful where I take the shot. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

LAMCO! I have 3 of their regular feeders and my buddy owns 5 1000 Low Throw models. No issues among either of us

Comment

Just happens to be the only pic I have handy and it's the Mighty Buck feeder. There is no corn under the feeder issue. We have similar pics with the Game Winners from Academy and the green ones the Lowe's grocery stores sell all over the Hill County. Corn under the feeder is not an issue with stand and fills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	24527472

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
              Do you have a picture of them?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
              I do, somewhere, but I can't find them.

Comment

I have a couple of all seasons and HB's too. No issue with corn underneath them. Deer and hogs clean it up fast.

Comment

I have a Diamond VarmintX 600lb feeder that is my favorite design out of all the stand and fill feeders that I have seen on the market. The reason is the latches that it comes with which are the buckle design that you can actually lock. I like that because coins get very creative when trying to figure out a way to get into something that has food in it. I also feel like it is a much more sturdy feeder overall.

They have gone out of business since I bought mine...well someone else bought them out is the more accurate term I guess. Now they are called Judge Feeders and the ones they sell now are similar but the leg design doesn't have any cross braces and the mechanisms for latching the lids and access compartment for the battery and timer aren't lockable. The removable legs are for ease of shipping according to the manufacturer and Cabelas in Ft Worth are supposed to carry them. I paid 800.00 for my Diamond and the Judge is supposed to be 650.00 if I remember correctly.

I like the Lamco overall and the battery and timer compartment are lockable. My only issues or things I think they could improve on are the leg braces and the rubber latches for the lid.
                  In the big scheme of things these arent that big of an issue cause I stake my feeders down with 4 Tpost and I wired the Lamco lid with wire just in case the coons tried to get into it.

I thought the MB feeders might have been weak down at the bottom where the spinner plate was but they are heavy duty material and I don't see anything tearing them up I just didn't want to spend the e tra money for the MB at the time but I do like the overall design.

The AS feeders are okay but I think they could improve their overall design regarding the access of the timer and making it varmint proof without the cage on the bottom and the diverter plate to keep corn from piling up underneath it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    I have a Diamond VarmintX 600lb feeder that is my favorite design out of all the stand and fill feeders that I have seen on the market. The reason is the latches that it comes with which are the buckle design that you can actually lock. I like that because coins get very creative when trying to figure out a way to get into something that has food in it. I also feel like it is a much more sturdy feeder overall.

They have gone out of business since I bought mine...well someone else bought them out is the more accurate term I guess. Now they are called Judge Feeders and the ones they sell now are similar but the leg design doesn't have any cross braces and the mechanisms for latching the lids and access compartment for the battery and timer aren't lockable. The removable legs are for ease of shipping according to the manufacturer and Cabelas in Ft Worth are supposed to carry them. I paid 800.00 for my Diamond and the Judge is supposed to be 650.00 if I remember correctly.

I like the Lamco overall and the battery and timer compartment are lockable. My only issues or things I think they could improve on are the leg braces and the rubber latches for the lid.
                    In the big scheme of things these arent that big of an issue cause I stake my feeders down with 4 Tpost and I wired the Lamco lid with wire just in case the coons tried to get into it.

I thought the MB feeders might have been weak down at the bottom where the spinner plate was but they are heavy duty material and I don't see anything tearing them up I just didn't want to spend the e tra money for the MB at the time but I do like the overall design.

The AS feeders are okay but I think they could improve their overall design regarding the access of the timer and making it varmint proof without the cage on the bottom and the diverter plate to keep corn from piling up underneath it.

Those look really good

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                      Never used either of the feeders your looking at but have two Capsule feeders and have never had a problem. Easy to fill and even have remotes available.

https://www.outdoorsforless.com/cap-...yABEgKJ0fD_BwE
                      Glad to hear you have not had any issues. One of the guys on my lease has had problems with the auger not working properly. It will not throw corn on occasion...gets stuck. I do not own one so I do not know much about them. I have checked his Feeder for him on four occasions to make sure it is working. Stuff happens though.

Comment

Bad pic but only one I could find quick on my phone of the double barrel feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the ASF's and really like them. The other OP posted look great as well.

Comment

All great information but I decided on the Lamco.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post

I would have not got the Lamco....they are too silvery and will scare your deer for miles...all the way to Jeff and Joel's pens.....

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                                You will be happy with them!

Comment

Working...
                                X