No announcement yet.

Disney $#*!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about the park with your kids ahead of time and get their top 3 things they want to do. Make those your priorities and work the rest in. You can't do it all in one trip so don't try, just focus on the kids priorities.
    Getting to the last day and having a 6 year old in tears because they wanted to ride the dwarf mine ride but the line is 2 hours long and you have to leave before then is a bad way to end a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      I'm being forced to goto Disney with my wife during the rut. I'm not sure I can get out of this. Any recommendations what to do or not to do when I we get there? Anyway to save money? I would rather burn 10k over a campfire than give it to Mickey Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm 100% with you. It's silly that Disney World is seen as a rite of passage and that kids are somehow owed this experience. Most kids would be better off with that $5-10k in their college savings.

My wife and I already decided our kids are going on a National Park tour instead of Disney.

Comment

Only thing you can do, go ahead and have her served with the papers.

You could also perhaps find a marriage counselor who hunts and he can explain the rut is not the time to play mickey mouse games lol.

Comment

Just got back te Friday before Christmas. Best vacation I've ever had. It was truly magical for my 2 kids. We will go back in about 4 years

Plan it through an agent ( I can refer one if needed). Cost you minimum more but will maximize trip 10x. Theyknow all the tricks and things that require 6 months ahead booking

Don't worry about the money. It's crazy expensive I won't lie. But if you go into it looking to be tight you will be miserable

I wasn't a fan of going during December hunting season either.... but in the end it's a $&@% deer

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Disney is fun.. if you dont find away to enjoy yourself there, its your fault.
            There is LOTS of $$$ saving advice online...
            Major things to remember, beer at epcot and Fast Passes.
            x2 on Beer Flights at epcot.. If you don't want to give the money to Mickey, have a go at not remembering that you did..

Comment

2things:

Get a GOOD pair of shows to wear. Tons of walking !!!

And use the Disney Planner recommended above. They help plan everything - hotel, dinner reservations, park tickets, fast passes, etc !!!! They help you to understand everything and make it fun !!!
              The bracelets are awesome. no need to carry cash or anything to the park.

We did a 4 days @ Disney & 3 Days @ Universal !!! The trip was awesome !! Kids loved it (9 & 13) and we enjoyed it too. We did the Photo pass ($50) too. they took all the pics aroudn the parks and we could login using our bands and see them and download them !! Made for some great pictures and we didnt have to carry a camera with us...

Comment

We bought the 2 "quick service" meal dining plan and it is more than enough food because you get snacks.

I thought really highly of the Disney Springs area and you can use the quick service meals at certain restaurants in that area. I had a blast and can't wait to go back.

Comment

Been twice. 2nd time without strollers as mentioned above. Both boys old enough I walk and ride most rides.

My few recommendations:
                  Get the App and use fast passes
                  Planner helped a lot
                  Pick which parks. We did pass hopper and enjoyed the water parks also.
                  Water is free, you just have to ask for it. Not bottled but still free
                  We saved by taking snacks in like jerky, crackers, etc.
                  Then packed cooler for lunches and left it in the car when we all got hungry.
                  Go see night parade and laser/fireworks at magic kingdom
                  We were there at 4th of July and watched fireworks at Epcot.

Have fun! Coach

Comment

I feel for you bro. I had to move-in my daughter to Arizona State University this past weekend. I saw at least a dozen deer and coyotes along I-20 between DFW and Odessa. Watching the Sun go down these past 2 nights hurt. Last weekend in the North zone to kill a buck is gone.

Comment

You will enjoy it. Disney is the cleanest most professional run organization I have ever seen. Every person was friendly and there was nothing out of place. Not even gum on the sidewalk. Its been over 10 years since I have been and would love to return.

Comment

I missed something, thought deer season ended yesterday, you’ll have fun. Check out the fast passes as mentioned and look at the pre purchase food plans, they worked for us. Think of it as an investment! (Sorry, that’s all I could come up with).

Comment

Trip is planned for next deer season thanksgiving-ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry, can't help with the planning part, the two times we went my wife and mother in law took care of that.

The last time we went it was as a Christmas present from my in laws to my family and my brother in law's family. There were six adults and four kids (2 boys 10 and 14 and 2 girls 10 and 14). When we got there it was late and the adults wanted to sit and have a relaxing dinner. I grabbed up all of the kids, told the rest of the adults to relax and enjoy themselves and that the kids and I were going to go to Magic Kingdom because they had magic hour that night, it was between Christmas and New Year and I seem to recall they were open crazy late, like 2:00 AM. Anyway, it was non stop from start to finish!

My advice... approach it like a grown kid! My boys and my nieces still talk about that first night when I was the only one willing to take them to the park. And yes, I think I had as much fun as the kids did!

Comment

Entire family went last June 2017 (grandparents, kids, grandchildren, etc.). My parents too sisters and myself back in 1995, so this was our first trip back in 22 years.

Few thoughts on the June 2017 trip:
                              - Trip was expensive. 3 Rooms at the Polynesian Resort for 6 nights; Park hopper passes everyday and meal allowance for everyone (7 adults and 3 kids). There were a few other things included, be we ended up around $15K.

- Fun place, but I was kind of disappointed considering the shear lack of park updates between my first visit in 1995 to last visit June 2017. At least 70% of the rides were exactly the same...22 years apart.

- Disney is not a relaxing trip. Don't even try to enter it that way or you will be miserable. It's literally go, go, everyday. Between Fast Passes, Dinner reservations, shows, fireworks, etc., you feel like you are always trying to get somewhere for a particular time.

- Too many people! Be ready to be in crowds from dawn until night fall. There are lines for everything and everywhere you go from rides, to monorail, to buses, etc.

- Wear good shoes. We averaged about 5-6 miles per day and even had one day close to 10 miles. Not a bad idea to start walking the neighborhood a couple months prior if you are a bit out of shape.

- Magic hours - If you are staying at a Disney resort, take advantage. Lines and crowds are not nearly as bad; especially at night.

- Epcot is awesome for adults. The walk around the world is a blast and they vend alcohol in that park.

- Universal - If your children are like 10 and above, plan a day at Universal. There's much better thrill type rides and things slightly older children / teens will enjoy more.
                              Last edited by CaptainDave; 01-08-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

My wife knows better. Just sayin. You have every reason to be upset in my opinion. Matter of fact my wife knows better than to plan anything during deer season!

Comment

Working...
                                X