No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first year in East Texas. Lost our lease in the hill country and now I'm in Tyler county near Colmesneil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
      This will be my first year in East Texas. Lost our lease in the hill country and now I'm in Tyler county near Colmesneil

Hey alot of good deer in Comesneil. Im in Hillister about 30 mins from there..

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
        Hey alot of good deer in Comesneil. Im in Hillister about 30 mins from there..

I've heard good things about the area from friends and a few locals in town. I didn't have much on my camera the last time I checked at the beginning of August but I had only had camera/feeder going for about 3 weeks at that point. I'm hoping for a different story next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
          I've heard good things about the area from friends and a few locals in town. I didn't have much on my camera the last time I checked at the beginning of August but I had only had camera/feeder going for about 3 weeks at that point. I'm hoping for a different story next weekend!

I usually start getting pictures of bucks around the middle of October. It's usually bucks that seperate from their bachelor groups and start wondering around looking for does.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

I'm in. Hunt just right outside of Livingston. Feeder has been going for a week now it's time to go set cameras out tomorrow. Had a ton of 2.5 and 3.5 year olds last year on camera. Hopefully some more mature ones move in.

Comment

I'm in, have had corn feeder going year around and hand corn and protein since November last year. Has been a good year so far taking out around 50 hogs so far, I know the bucks will leave and go on walk about in a few weeks but the survivors will return after the rut and lock in on the hand corn.

Comment

I've been spending my time and money on my new lease in West Texas. I'm late, but will get things going soon on my lease here. I've got several pics of bucks that didn't slip up and get shot by anyone. Looking forward to bigger and better bucks out here this year. My place is in Hardin and Polk counties.

Comment

Here's a few that managed to avoid the skinning rack so far.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LADDER STAND.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	24460046Went up this wknd and planted a plot at one of my bow spots.. Our deer haven't shed yet but it looks like they could within the next couple days.

Comment

I'm in got some exciting deer to be after this year!

Comment

I'm in.

Put out 5 cams last week and checked 3 on friday. Nothing to get me excited. Big goofy 6 that needs killin but wont make 13. Second year for him. First thing I want to run an arrow thru

Comment

Waiting on these to show up.

I think this one already has shown up and exploded.

And of course, the dinosaur 7pt doesn't miss a beat.

Comment

dang.

Comment

I have a couple of three year olds that make me go oooooohhhh! Thank God for trail cameras because noone would believe they were three if we didnt know them.

Comment

Working...
                                X