No announcement yet.

300 WSM powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes do a search on this site lots of info. I use it in my 6.5 I'm getting 2871fps out of a 22" barrel. It gives me over a 1000 Flbs of energy at 900yds using 143gr ELDX.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I am getting a can of this for my 6.5CM , have you seen much load data for it?
      I found it on Bergers site listed for the 135s. I started way low since there wasn’t much out there and I wasn’t running their bullet. I’m not anywhere close to what they have listed as max. I’m running 47 grains under a 143 ELDX with Hornady brass. That’s getting me a touch over 2800 FPS avg in a 22” barrel. I may try to work up and find a higher node (or pressure signs) when I get new brass. But I like the powder so far for my CM.

Comment

According to the Nosler Reloading manual I have both the IMR powders you listed should work great!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          No help here. I have one, but don't load for it, never shot it that much, and the Ballistic Silvertip ammo shoots very well in it.

Same here. I have dies for mine but never reloaded any because factory ballistic silvertip 150's shoot so well out of my a-bolt. Better than other factory ammo I tried in 150 or 180gr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I seen that too. I was hoping to use an existing powder I have. Did not want to add to the other 50 varieties I have.😂
            This made me laugh. It's amazing how many different powders I've accumulated.

Comment

Man, y'all was not any help
              Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

4350 for both of our 300 wsm's. I load mine with 165-168 gr bonded bullets for all my hunting in Wyoming and hogs in Texas. Spouse loads up 180 gr accubonds with 4350.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                  Yes do a search on this site lots of info. I use it in my 6.5 I'm getting 2871fps out of a 22" barrel. It gives me over a 1000 Flbs of energy at 900yds using 143gr ELDX.
                  https://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/reloading.28/

Coop-

How many grains of R26 are you using in that 6.5 (Creedmoor?) and what % of the case are you filling (or is it a compressed load) to get that speed? I have to use more H4350 than I like to get that speed in my 22” Bartlein; but there’s a node in that ballpark that I’d love to exploit. Heck, who doesn’t like a little extra zip? [emoji23]

Is it as temp sensitive as R17? How much are you having to reduce you mid winter load from your summer load; or are you having to make an adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I load a lot of Nosler Partition and Accubonds and have good lucking starting my load development using the "most accurate power" listed in Nosler's reloading data sheets. In your case Hybrid 100V by Hodgdon is listed as the most accurate powder. I'll also not my experience their most accurate load is always very close as well.

Good luck.

Comment

I'd try any of these in the order listed. RL-26 is proving to be a fast versatile powder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 5.52.23 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	24542692

Comment

I’ve had great luck with the 4831 in my 270wsm. I’ve got some rl26 to try with me CM and I will also try it in my 270wsm.

Comment

Ive been running 4831SC with that same bullet and have gotten good results.

Comment

Working...
                          X