OX Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OX Ranch

Just got back from the Ox Ranch on Wednesday chasing blackbucks. All I have to say is what a beautiful ranch, I took my son with me and he had a blast as much as I did. When we showed up, it was awesome to see animals I’ve never seen roaming around just in the main lodge area. There were warthogs and some other kind of pig that reminded me of a bush pig that was about 300#’s. It was cool that you get your own log cabin while staying there and was the nicest cabin I’ve ever stayed in. I’ve never really hunted blackbuck before and my opinion of them is completely different now. When I had them on an old lease of mine they were pretty passive but not these. I watched one jet black guy push out a fallow, axis and a young oryx from the feeder we were hunting. It took a lot for me not to shoot the jet black guy on the first evening, but I chose horn length over hide color. This guy I believe was 20 1/4” and 20 1/2” straight tape per my guide. I wasn’t exactly sure how to officially measure him and really don’t care at this point, he’s at Tri-State Taxidermy getting mounted for the wall. I can’t wait to see what looks like again.

I think someone on here said the Ox Ranch is a premium ranch that commands a premium price. After going I’m a believer in you get what you pay for, bargain hunt, bargain experience.

And if you’re a history person, DriveTanks.com was very cool.

Looks like a good time. That's a great blackbuck. Congrats!!

Comment

Nice Blackbuck congratulations!

Comment

Did you shoot the big guns? I hear them every weekend firing the 50 cal. Machine gun.
        Great BB, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Did you shoot the big guns? I hear them every weekend firing the 50 cal. Machine gun.
          Great BB, congrats.
          No, I said something about shooting the 50 cal Barrett but the 1k yard range was washed away from all the rain. I didn’t care to shoot the 50 cal at 300yrds, felt like it would be shooting a 300 WM at 10 yards. I did get a video of someone using the flamethrower at night, super cool and HOT. I’ll try and plug the video in here in a minute.

I got a great lesson on how powerful flowing water is while we were there. I wish I would have taken a picture of their water crossings because they had boulders that were anchored with rebar wash away from the flooding. We talk about the flooding and read about stuff like that but when you personally see the effects, it’s humbling.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
            No, I said something about shooting the 50 cal Barrett but the 1k yard range was washed away from all the rain. I didn’t care to shoot the 50 cal at 300yrds, felt like it would be shooting a 300 WM at 10 yards. I did get a video of someone using the flamethrower at night, super cool and HOT. I’ll try and plug the video in here in a minute.

I got a great lesson on how powerful flowing water is while we were there. I wish I would have taken a picture of their water crossings because they had boulders that were anchored with rebar wash away from the flooding. We talk about the flooding and read about stuff like that but when you personally see the effects, it’s humbling.
            It’s unbelievable, my house is due north of the ox and sits at about 1700 feet elevation. I had a flood on top of my hill. 56 inches of rain since early August.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              It’s unbelievable, my house is due north of the ox and sits at about 1700 feet elevation. I had a flood on top of my hill. 56 inches of rain since early August.
              6.5 we can't be too far from you. Have a place in Utopia, TX

Comment

How much for the giraffe?

Comment

Nice Blackbuck!

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

anymore pics you can post?

Comment

Nice. Got a cousin and her husband that frequent that ranch. They always kill some good stuff.

Comment

Great place and a great price. I've been thinking about a trip.

Comment

the giraffe pic is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                              anymore pics you can post?
                              I have one of my son and a kangaroo right as they both went Bruce Lee on each other. Those suckers go nuts over marshmallows and if you don’t feed them fast enough they get aggressive with you. My son had enough of one and started to scrap with one, funniest thing to watch sorta!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X