"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBall View Post
    was this a drunk rambling? my guess, yes.
    I am yogaball
    Yogaball in the house!!! Probably one of the most meaningful screen name on tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      Yogaball in the house!!! Probably one of the most meaningful screen name on tbh.
      hehhehehhehehehhe

Comment

For those who dont have blaze orange...Walmart has a mess of long and short sleeve fruit of the loom and some mossy oak long sleeve blaze orange for cheap. I bought a dew rag and mess of long sleeved shorts in blaze orange tonight. My hunting partner and I prefer to stalk quick, fast, and in a hurry to the honey hole....Im hoping the whole upper body coverage wont matter to Ms Piggy. Long sleeves because the poison ivy, briars and ticks are plentiful. Also, the blaze orange shirts are in the mens section and not in the outdoor section. Super Combo with the APH permit for 2016 acquired! Here piggy piggy piggy.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-18-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Was out on Granger this evening and didn't come across a single hog. I did find 5 angry armadillos, 6 deer, and came upon 7 other hunters--only two of those hunters were wearing blaze orange. This is just a heads-up to anyone else going out to be aware of how many hunters may be less visually discernible.

And my apologies to the fella up in the tree. I do try my best with my binoculars to scout out areas before I pass through them. I just completely missed you in your ghillie suit.

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

What area were you hunting? I'm probably heading out in the morning.

Comment

Walked from 6 most of the way to 7 and back. I spotted most folks early enough that I don't think they noticed me and skirted a good ways out around them.

I'm probably heading back out tomorrow morning as well, but I'm going to try another area. Whether I'm getting into the hogs or not, it's just enjoyable to walk through the fields and thickets finding deer. Best of luck.

Comment

Saw this guy on my hike in this morning. I decided to leave him be so he can fatten up before GRXH. Danimal gave me a gallon bag of super funky fermented corn that I've been sitting over in the blood weeds across from primitive camp. Haven't seen or heard a pig. Just a lot of squirrels and gunshots every couple of minutes.

Comment

Went below the dam this morning. Didn't come across any hogs, but I scared up several deer again.

Comment

Theodore...With the corn being harvested in the surrounding fields, you might want to watch those areas...easy food sources until the acorns and pecans drop. Watch the border, know the boundary.

Comment

No pigs at Granger but I pulled out a few cats...and there was some young guys that had pulled up what looked like a 50lb blue cat off jugs...they thought they were stuck and pulling up a log haha no pics of that guy unfortunately

Comment

Now is the time to stalk. Fresh mud, fresh tracks. Less swingin sausages in the woods lookin for sausage.

Comment

Thanks, Friar. I probably should have gone back but I wanted to give a little look-see below the dam. Wish I could have rescheduled my morning meetings today and made an early morning stalk through Granger.

Maybe next time I'll canoe in and fish along the way.

Comment

yea below the dam is a hot spot.

sore finger is littered with pigs too. just gotta put in the foot work to get to the peninsula......

Comment

Originally posted by danimal14 View Post
                              no pigs at granger but i pulled out a few cats...and there was some young guys that had pulled up what looked like a 50lb blue cat off jugs...they thought they were stuck and pulling up a log haha no pics of that guy unfortunately
                              nice buddy!!!

Comment

Just found out about callin hogs. Ive called in hawks, foxes, owls and coyotes by smoochin my hand....Im gonna snort and smooch next time Im out stalkin hog at Granger.

Ive got chickens and I can run off hawks by smoochin. Slightly different smooch. I reckon it simulates another hawk being territorial.

Anybody called hogs at Granger?
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-05-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X