Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Need Kids: Delta Waterfowl Feathered Forces Summer Camp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Need Kids: Delta Waterfowl Feathered Forces Summer Camp.

We need a few more kids for Delta Waterfowl’s Feathered forces camp at the Big Woods.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

They are lenient somewhat on the age requirements (13 is fine)

I was told tonight It is free for members of delta waterfowl to attend camp. It will also be free for those who join.

The application is at the bottom of the message.

I helped last year with their camp and guided one of the the Top Flock duck hunts over the Christmas break. Phenomenal program for youth interested in waterfowl.

If you have any question send me a message or email Jacob below.
    Randy

Good afternoon Delta Waterfowl Foundation members,

First of all thank you for supporting “The Duck Hunters Organization” and attending one of our conservation fundraisers this past banquet season. Last year we hosted our inaugural Texas Delta Waterfowl Summer Camp, named “Delta’s Feathered Forces,” with huge success.

If sounds of whistling wings from the great fall flight entice your kids senses, then the Delta’s Feathered Forces Youth Retreat is for them! The intense, four-day camp centers on the ecology of ducks and other water birds that fly around Texas. The campers will learn about the importance of wetland ecosystems, aquatic vegetation, dog handling and wounding loss, predator management, natural resource management, duck calling, and how to identify waterfowl using all their senses.

The Delta’s Feathered Forces motivates youth (ages 14-17 limited to 20 students) to become conservation ambassadors through team work, improved communication, and the necessary skills to become the leaders of tomorrow. All they need is a love for hunting, nature, and/or the outdoors and a willingness to learn. Come join us this summer in our outdoor classroom that is nested in the wetlands and flooded timber of the Big Woods on the Trinity!

Camp Date: June 26-29, 2019.
    Location: Big Woods on the Trinity in Tennessee Colony, Texas. A special thanks to Dr McFarland for donating his facilities.
    Cost: Cost per camper is $300 and we still have some scholarships available for families that need financial assistance.

Other event in Tennessee Colony, TX by Delta's Feathered Forces on Thursday, July 26 2018

If your child or someone you know is interested please reach out to Jacob Shaffer Jacob.shaffer@tx.usda.gov for more information.

Here is an online link to complete the application.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Sounds really cool! One of my boys will be all over this in a couple years!

Comment

Working...
          X