Picked up a recurve again, and I am back in love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a recurve again, and I am back in love

I was bored shooting in my back yard with no place to hunt a few years ago, so I sold my recurve. Well I got the trad bag again and was able to trade a friend a knife for one of the longbows that he made. I have been having fun shooting it, but last night I picked up a recurve that a guy from work had sitting in is closet and I am back in love with recurves. 15 yards or so and my groups were great.

It is an old Darton Classic SL 54@28". Now I want that bow that I sold back. I have talked with the guy that I sold it to, and he bought it for a friend, who loves it, and might not want to sell it back, so if anybody has a Blue Ridge Snowy Mountain that would be willing to part with lets talk.

Welcome back!

Comment

Look in the classifieds at tradgang.com or leatherwall.com

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        Look in the classifieds at tradgang.com or leatherwall.com
        It would take money to even look, lol.

Comment

Longbows are fun. I'll shoot my longbow exclusively for a while and I love shooting it. But then I'll shoot my recurve a few times and I get hooked all over again. For some reason I just shoot recurves better.

Comment

Welcome back!!!

Comment

I really love my longbows, but I am "In Love" with my recurves.

When I shoot my longbows, it kinda reminds my of shaking my GranPa's hand.

When I shoot my recurve it's like hold a beautiful feisty woman.

Rick

Comment

Got several recurves, but hardly
                ever shoot them, except my
                fishing bow.

I just rather shoot longbows.
                most of the time, one I made.
                My other favorite is an old
                Martin ML 14.

Comment

I'd rather shoot my recurve than my longbow. Welcome back to the Trad world

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                    I'd rather shoot my recurve than my longbow. Welcome back to the Trad world
                    I have been back for a while now, but for the first time in being back I had a recurve to shoot, and it was just more natural to me. Now I have 2 friends who have longbow that they say I should try, so once I have the money for it I will try them both.

Comment

Working...
                    X