9mm vs 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9mm vs 10mm

If you could carry a 10 mm gun that was the same size as a 9mm gun for self defense would you? Obviously you would give up a round or two, but other than that would you rather have the 10 or 9?

Yes I carried a g29 until it was stolen .

Comment

Have both and prefer my G29. Liked shooting it much more after installing the grip extension.

Comment

I read that all handguns suck for SD, so you should carry the one with the most ammo and least recoil.

Comment

I'm a big 10mm guy, but I love how small and compact and easy to shoot my Sig 365 is. It would be hard to imagine that gun in 10mm. However, I can shoot my Glock 20 as well as any full size 9, and better than my Glock 19.

Comment

You bet! 10MM is awesome. Nothin wrong with a 9, but I will take a higher velocity heavier round every time.

Comment

Carry the one you shoot the best. Caliber does not matter if you miss. With good self defense ammo not much deference.

Comment

I carry a Glock 20 often.

Comment

Self defense from what? Backcountry four legged critters I'll take the 10mm all day...

Two legged predators I'm carrying a 9mm-- more than enough for a man, MUCH less recoil means staying on target and putting more rounds on target.

Comment

Can’t say that I would. With ballistics the way they are now 9mm will do more than enough damage to a body with much less recoil and more capacity than a 10mm. To me it’s the same as the 9 vs .40 debate. Unless you’re in bear country a 10mm is not needed as a carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats why the 40 s&w was developed.

Comment

10mm has a greater chance of over penetration, which is a concern. 9mm has greater capacity, and can put more targets on round in less time. I’ll stick with 9mm for two legged critters.

Comment

Originally posted by mkguthrie View Post
                          Thats why the 40 s&w was developed.

Girly men and poor performing bullets is why the 40 was developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            10mm has a greater chance of over penetration, which is a concern. 9mm has greater capacity, and can put more targets on round in less time. I’ll stick with 9mm for two legged critters.

Meh not really. I’ll give you that bullet selection is more critical but there’s plenty of defense rounds that don’t over penetrate by the FBI standards.

But if given the choice I’ll take a round that over penetrates over under one that under penetrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Why are people so concerned with what the FBI decided a carry gun needs to do??

Comment

Working...
                              X