No announcement yet.

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utah State Coach Wells looking like front runner. His price just went up, as he was named Mountain West Coach of the Year for the second time.

Comment

Kirby keeps using the word "Elite" if he wants Elite, that's not quite it. Pony up the cash and get a big name. Donors are game to help so make it happen.

Comment

So who is "elite"?

Comment

Do they have a shot at landing Gundy, seems things are not all roses @ OSU right now...

Comment

Gundy is a name that has not surfaced for Tech job. But, as everyone knows, he's a man....

Comment

Doug, I’m sorry you were treated that way. As a proud Texas Tech graduate, I hope you know I would drop anything I was doing to help you in a time of need, Aggie or not.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                Gundy is a name that has not surfaced for Tech job. But, as everyone knows, he's a man....
                He is, in fact...40.

Comment

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
                  Doug, I’m sorry you were treated that way. As a proud Texas Tech graduate, I hope you know I would drop anything I was doing to help you in a time of need, Aggie or not.
                  Yes I know you would as most on here would. This was back in the late 70's and early 80's, but has not happened in a long time. Lots of friends that have Tech connections or graduates.
                  Best thing that happened to us was when we went to the SEC and did not have to play Tech, they always seemed to have or number, especially with the Pirate at the helm. My disdain has lessened over the years but still do not like them, but that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    He is, in fact...40.
                    Yes, and he could bring the mullet back to prominence in Lubbock! Not sure who they are going to hire, but get the boosters to shell out the big bucks and hire someone with a big name and who knows, Tech could start bringing in some 4 and 5 star players and contend again.
                    Leach got the most out of the players he recruited, more than any other coach Tech has had in a long time.

Comment

Nick Saban. LOL. Offer him $200,000,000 for 10 years. Now let’s see the boosters pony up for that!!

Comment

In related news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I don’t know anything about TTU but a buddy of mine posted this on Facebook earlier today and I thought y’all might get a kick out of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F3A36329-EB68-4AA4-AE7A-243C929A377A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24562840

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Ok I don’t know anything about TTU but a buddy of mine posted this on Facebook earlier today and I thought y’all might get a kick out of it.

[ATTACH]935685[/ATTACH]
                            Lol

Comment

I love Texas Tech and west Texas. Whom ever it is. Still gonna have the same ole problems of recruiting the 4-5 even 3 star high level defensive lineman it takes to win a Big XII title to the High Plains! Nobody really stops anybody in the conference. You might aswell keep on keeping on with the high flying offenses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Yes, and he could bring the mullet back to prominence in Lubbock! Not sure who they are going to hire, but get the boosters to shell out the big bucks and hire someone with a big name and who knows, Tech could start bringing in some 4 and 5 star players and contend again.

Leach got the most out of the players he recruited, more than any other coach Tech has had in a long time.

I would love to see Gundy up there.

Mike Leach gets credit for doing more with lesser recruits, and that credit is warranted. Myself, I think he should get more credit than he does for being a great evaluator of talent.

He's a great coach, and a fantastic talent evaluator....it ain't about the stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X