Rattling Slick Trick on Gold Tip Pierce Platinums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have suggestions on quieting or stopping a rattling sound from my hunting arrow setup? I was thinking of that white threading tape/material used for facets? Any ideas? This wasn't a problem with my Easton full metals jackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm...I shoot the same arrow and slick tricks and have never had a problem with any rattling from them. Do you have loose blades or what?

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
      Hmm...I shoot the same arrow and slick tricks and have never had a problem with any rattling from them. Do you have loose blades or what?

Yes every blade is loose. I have tried 6 of my dozen arrows and so far all rattle. Kinda bummed because they fly great.

Comment

Are the broadheads meant for the "deep six" inserts that are common on the FMJ's? The thread length may be causing the head to not seat fully against the arrow shoulder

Comment

Also, check the ring around the ferrel of the head, its beena few years since I shot slick tricks but the ring may have a notch to fit over a blade so the head fits flush against arrow shoulder

Comment

Just looking at your pic and the ferrule ring is not seated against the rear of the blades. That’s definitely why they are loose and making noise. Find out why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

W

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              Just looking at your pic and the ferrule ring is not seated against the rear of the blades. That’s definitely why they are loose and making noise. Find out why.

Trust this guy

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                Are the broadheads meant for the "deep six" inserts that are common on the FMJ's? The thread length may be causing the head to not seat fully against the arrow shoulder

Regular FMJ not the deep six.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post

Yes it's not seated up against the blades but that's all it will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                    Yes it's not seated up against the blades but that's all it will go.

Then maybe your inserts aren't set deep enough.

Comment

Well its either a manufacturing defect (which is unlikely) or they are not assembled properly. I never had nor have I heard of that situation before and tons of folks shoot them. I would take them apart and reassemble and see what happens.

Comment

Sounds like 1 of 2 options.

1. There is glue or some foreign object in your insert stopping the head from threading in all the way.

2. The insert isn’t deep enough.

Both can be fixed by shortening the threads on the broad head by one or two threads

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

1. There is glue or some foreign object in your insert stopping the head from threading in all the way.

Both can be fixed by shortening the threads on the broad head by one or two threads

Good points! Not uncommon to get adhesive in the shaft ID with full outs. As far as the thread depth most Outserts are tapped all the way through, not real familiar with the Gold Tip full outs though.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Thanks for the info,
                            I’m going to take them to Leading Edge Archery in Bourne and have them look at them.

Last edited by Joel; 07-18-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I had a pack of Grizz Tricks that the ferrules were not quite right and would do the same thing. It did not matter what arrow or insert you would put them on, the blades would not tighten up. Use the same blades on another ferrule and they were just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X