Not a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Doug, you still have the same cell phone since you were such a big help to me and my family years ago? I'll be in humble in the morning... I'll come by and pick up your guns and get to work on 'em right away! Where are they located? You can PM me if you want...
    We'll take care of this!
    Dang Charlie that would mean a lot to me and get rid of a worry! I will PM you!

What a wonderful way to end the day!!! I think now i can sleep!

Comment

Comment

Doug, if you can spray those guns down in about any kind of oil, it will help to inhibit the rust a bit... almost better to have left them under water where the air couldn't get at 'em for a while. I'll bring them to my shop tomorrow and get 'em protected from further damage right away.
        Get some sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Doug, if you can spray those guns down in about any kind of oil, it will help to inhibit the rust a bit... almost better to have left them under water where the air couldn't get at 'em for a while. I'll bring them to my shop tomorrow and get 'em protected from further damage right away.
          Get some sleep!
          This is what makes this site great. Hope to meet you someday SWSlick.

Comment

Frog, this is a drop in the bucket compared to what all Doug did for me and my family in a serious hour of need! I could never repay him enough...

But then, I've seen such amazing things happen right here on this green screen it's just so uplifting to see how REAL people with REAL hearts take care of one another!

Comment

Prayers Up Doug & keep us posted if you need something. God Bless Your Family.

Comment

So sorry & hate to read this. I will keep your family in my thoughts & prayers

Comment

Charlie is as good a people that walk this earth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God Bless you and your family Doug. I just can't imagine having to deal with that type of situation. It looks so devastating. Prayers for everyone involved.

And Charlie....you are a good man.

Comment

Sending Prayers out to you and your family.

Comment

Doug, prayed for your family this morning and Charlie, you are top shelf my friend, yep... top shelf!

Rwc

Comment

We are waiting in line at Wal-Mart that will open at 8. Feeling good though! We have an open store and I've got money and a truck to get home in! Thats a lot better than most folks! I'm so thankful we aren't in a shelter! Praying for those that are and all that are helping!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            Thanks Charlie! I'm still in shock! The guns are a problem. They need help and I know I wont have the time or the equipment to deal with the it right now. Im not good at asking or accepting help but if you or somebody in the area wants to help with them ill take it. They arent fancy but they deserve to be saved. A couple of them are very important to me! My grandfather's guns from way back. I have albums of him with those guns and stuff he killed. Thankfully the pictures were on a high shelf.
                            Just seeing your updates. Awesome for Charlie to help! Is there anything I can do? Charlie if you are overwhelmed with the guns let me know and I can help. Yall just tell me what needs to be done. Looks like Richard will be heading to the lease Fri or Sat, Im trying to get things in order so I can go with him.

Comment

Doug / Mike T. If yall are oeff of Fleming Prarie , yall got some very strong winds.
                              I run some traps down in Cologne and off San Antoonio River Road. If yall need me to check on your stuff i acan when i am down there or I f yall need some help, let me know.

Comment

Guns coming along nicely... some surface rust, but I think we got to 'em in time. Doug had a few really special heirloom guns of his grandfather's so I jumped on them first... Got one stuck screw on an old winchester, but it's mostly apart and all oiled down... taking a break to do a little office work duties... I think they will be fine!

Comment

Working...
                                X