No announcement yet.

Terrible Truck Buying Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup....like 750.00 to etch my Vin number into the frame. I laughed so hard. I gave them 2 options. I told them I would stop at harbor freight and pick up an etching pen for 3.99 and do it myself.....or I could go home and use the etching pen I already have. At that point I was done being nice.

No dealer fees either. They will fight you but stand firm. Make sure they didn't slip them in either.

So many buy in the monthly payment. It's like a sparkling carrot right there waiting for you. Look for the roots to the carrot folks

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I think just about all dealerships operate in about the same way. We just bought a new car a few months ago. While shopping I went to a local dealer here. He did not have the car in the color I wanted. I had already done me research, and knew where the only 2 in the state of Texas were. The salesman and I agreed on a price. Then he told me I needed to go to the finance office and sign all the paperwork. I told him that I was not signing paperwork till I could see the car in person. After arguing back and forth for a few minutes, with him repeatedly asking me why I would not trust him, he comes up with a new idea. He asks me to put a deposit of "a couple hundred dollars" and tells me that if there is anything wrong with the car I would get my deposit back. I agreed, and he comes out with a paper to sign for a $500 deposit that the paper clearly stated was non-refundable if I did not end up buying the car. Again, I said nope - not signing that - and he starts in with the "You are just going to have to trust me." stuff. I kept telling him I would not sign, and he finally said, OK, bye!

The next day, we went to the dealership in SA where they were going to get the car from, and it was hail damaged bad. Not only did I go thru this here, but when I called the dealership in SA, and gave them the stock number of the car I was interested in, and told them I was driving over 100 miles to come look at it, all they told me was yep, we have it. They never once mentioned that it was hail damaged. I was extremely mad!!!! As I was walking out the door all flustered, the salesman says "What if I make you a deal you can not refuse? Would you buy the hail damaged one then?". I told him OK make me the unbeatable deal. A few minutes later, he comes out an offers me the exact same price they had on the internet. I told him to go take a hike.

Anyway, like I said above, I think most all of them operate in about the same ways!

The way they sell cars should be illegal. it is set up to rip people off. If one guy goes in a buys a car for $X, and the next guy goes in and buys the exact same car for $X+$1000, the second guy got ripped off, period, and it happens that way every day, at every dealership out there.

Bisch
        Yep, should be illegal. I cringe when thinking about my parents trying to buy a car without my or my brothers help. There's just no way they wouldn't get taken behind the woodshed and ripped off.

Idiots that can't add and agree on monthly payments without adding them up is one thing but ripping off old people that still try to think people are semi-good is another.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          That may be the way it's done now, but it sucks. If a salesman can't price a vehicle, what good is he ? I'm old school I guess.
          Honestly a salesmen serves no purpose. This same issue happened to me about 8 years ago in Clear Lake. I just hired on at my job and the guy called me and offered a good amount on my trade in. I said you will honor this? He said yes and I told him I would be there this evening to make the purchase. Well when I get there they had taken 2 grand off my trade in. I was so ****** but I'm glad I didn't even up buying that Nisan Z.

Comment

I was a salesman at Bacon Autoplex in Palestine, I left because we had no control of the situation...just basically greeters. yeah you had to sell of course but when it comes to pricing and knowing what you can make we had zero clue or idea....I left the car business because of it, its lame...I understand your frustrations....all control goes to GM or financial manager....it slows the process down by hours

thankfully I'm in a whole different type of work industry....I wouldn't recommend anyone being a car salesman at any big house dealership unless you're a manager or the owner....Buy here pay here lots can make some cash though..

Comment

I also noticed that the dealerships are asking what payment you want more and more now. When we found the Suburban my wife wanted I calculated around what the payment would be for what we wanted to pay for the vehicle so when they asked I told them *** amount for X years knowing the only way they could get me that was to go down on the vehicle to pretty much wanted to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                I also noticed that the dealerships are asking what payment you want more and more now. When we found the Suburban my wife wanted I calculated around what the payment would be for what we wanted to pay for the vehicle so when they asked I told them *** amount for X years knowing the only way they could get me that was to go down on the vehicle to pretty much wanted to pay.
                a lot of folks want to be at a certain payment and really don't care about the years on the note till about a year later when they realize they have 4,5,6 more years to go......its a sales tactic, plus theirs hardly any mark up now on these vehicles, my dad was a car salesman for 25 years and his average deal made 500-700$....now you're lucky if you get 200$ on a new vehicle.....as a salesman at least, its a joke, like I said I don't recommend anyone being a car salesman, too much government control

Comment

I used to live close to Alvin and tried to buy vehicles from them several times. All were poor experiencs so I stopped trying. Now if Goodson Honda was the last dealership on Earth... I wouldask for a recount.

Comment

I sold at elliott chevrolet in Athens and Elder dodge in athens: pretty much $100 minis on new cars n trucks. Could make money on used ones. But yea, its all about monthly payments. 9 out of 10 people never asked price, just pmts.
                    Im selling used tractors n equipment now. Love it. No financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the SAME experience at Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake. Only I drove a measly 50 minutes. I feel for you bud.

I was in the market for a commuter car about 5 years ago. They had a price online for an Elantra that was fair. After talking to other dealerships I couldn't make it as good as the Ron Carter deal.

So, I called them and spoke with a floor salesman. We made the deal and I was to come in that Friday to sign the paperwork and pick it up.

I get there and he has the paperwork filled out... was WAY higher than agreed upon. Like 5000 higher on a vehicle that is suppose to be under 17k. A stripped down commuter car.

We argued back and forth for about 2 hours and I left. The whole time the only thing the salesman kept talking about was how much of a great dealership they are and they wouldn't be the best volume dealership in Texas on Hyundai if that wasn't a good price.

They were ridiculous. I'll never go back

Comment

Try some small town dealerships. They can give better pricing because of less overhead. And they won't stay in business if they treated their customers badly. Most of them also have vehicle pickup and delivery for sales and service in surrounding large cities. It's a lot easier buying a vehicle when they know you on a first name basis.

Comment

Sounds like a Bait and switch on the agreed price

Comment

Ron Carter Sucks!

I live in Alvin and got burned by them about 15 years ago. Regardless of the deal, I refuse to do business with them and tell everyone I know.

Comment

Working...
                            X