Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead tree, about to become fire wood
    Attached Files

Comment

The trap
      Attached Files

Comment

Man, I sure love my Echo
        Attached Files

Comment

This pic is a little late, but there was a cedar, a huge dead tree trunk, huge vines, and tons of yaupon surrounding this beautiful oak. This is about one hour into the work.
          Attached Files

Comment

Man, I love my tow strap also. That tree trunk weighed a ton!
            Attached Files

Comment

Where I left off for the day.
              Attached Files

Comment

looking great

Comment

following... great work so far

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                    Where I left off for the day.
                    Looks great. I can't wait to do some clearing. Another couple weeks before we get started. It's killing me.

Thanks for the progress updates

Comment

Man, I sure love my Echo
                      What model/length did u get? I need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        What model/length did u get? I need one.
                        I'll verify the model number for you later today, but it's the 14" bar. I held the 16 and 20" versions, and unless you're felling monster trees all day, they cause more fatigue and are less maneuverable, aside from being more expensive.

Comment

I'll verify the model number for you later today, but it's the 14" bar. I held the 16 and 20" versions, and unless you're felling monster trees all day, they cause more fatigue and are less maneuverable, aside from being more expensive.
                          Chew,
                          What he says..I have a 20" Echo..great for my big stuff, once down, the 20" get in the way and heavy trimmimg out..so i use my Stihl 16"....both have their place..I I were to only have 1, I's go with the 16...happy medium

Comment

Thanks guys. Would y'all be afraid to buy one off Craigslist? Is the warranty good enough to justify buying new?

Comment

If you buy used...run it til hot, then shut it down..wait 2 or 3 min.....then restart...see if it sends some oil out if you set it on the ground and run it up to speed...this will tell you if it's oiling. Stihl aint cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Thanks guys. Would y'all be afraid to buy one off Craigslist? Is the warranty good enough to justify buying new?
                                Honestly, since chainsaws can be at the verge of death and you'd often not know, I'd play it safe, and go with a new one, and an Echo at that. The little bit more upfront will pay you dividends of warranty and peace of mind. I found my 14" at Home Depot for only $199 - worth. every. penny.

Comment

Working...
                                X