Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes me miss the little 20 acre spot i use to hunt on as a kid.

Comment

Woohoo!! The misses and I are going to have our first weekend camping at the ranch together! I'm beyond excited to spend my first camping weekend there with her, before all the man-weekends commence. :-)

We're going to head there Saturday morning and stay until Sunday afternoon. We're going to throw up a tent, enjoy a campfire, work on cleaning up the front acre, and spend time in the pop-up blind over a freshly corned pasture and pig pipe I'm about to install tomorrow. Bam!!!

Pics will be coming!

Comment

Cool

There is a cold front coming

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
          Cool

There is a cold front coming
          Crap....how ever will we stay warm at night???

Comment

The 2 water tote idea works well. We have been using this method this year on our place in Bandera. Even full timing for 2 weeks we only used about half a tote of water. The issue we have is needing to dump the black tank. We have been taking the rv to a local rv park about every 7 days to dump.

Comment

I think i saw u today driving on 79. I was on a white f150.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                I think i saw u today driving on 79. I was on a white f150.
                Hey man, you did! I was going to post a "sticker sighting" thread but you beat me, haha. The wifey joined me for the first time on a hunt and was a total champ, even in the bitter cold.

When I saw your sticker, I said "ooh! Another TBH'er!", and sped up to wave at ya. My wife was thoroughly confused as to why I would do this since I didn't know you, and I explained to her that all TBH members are friends unless otherwise specified.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                  Hey man, you did! I was going to post a "sticker sighting" thread but you beat me, haha. The wifey joined me for the first time on a hunt and was a total champ, even in the bitter cold.

When I saw your sticker, I said "ooh! Another TBH'er!", and sped up to wave at ya. My wife was thoroughly confused as to why I would do this since I didn't know you, and I explained to her that all TBH members are friends unless otherwise specified.
                  Cool man! I was hunting with buddy of mine out in Rockdale. I've been folowing your thread and see ur truck on some pics, I thought what are the odds of two blue tundras with a TBH sticker. So kinda knew it was u, my buddy ask me if i knew you." I said his part of the green screen brotherhood... ". And he was lost. So did u get anything? I missed a spike at 30yrds.
                  Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 11-24-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

subscribed

Comment

glad she went and enjoyed the time with you at y'alls place!

Comment

Cool man! I was hunting with buddy of mine out in Rockdale. I've been folowing your thread and see ur truck on some pics, I thought what are the odds of two blue tundras with a TBH sticker. So kinda knew it was u, my buddy ask me if i knew you." I said his part of the green screen brotherhood... ". And he was lost. So did u get anything? I missed a spike at 30yrds.
                        I saw absolutely nothing, which was quite a surprise considering this weather we had. On Saturday we had an entire afternoon of no rain and calm winds, and the same this morning.

I did however, walk the perimeter of my ranch for the first time since September, put up more no trespassing signs, and work on learning the lay of the land more. My creek bottom area has some absolutely fantastic shelter for deer and hogs during bad weather, and some trees that are just singing to me to have a ladder stand put in them for some arrow flinging action!

Comment

Well a bad day in the woods still beats a great day at work. Glad your wife enjoyed. From the pictures looks like a beautiful place you got, congratulations on you accomplishments. May God bless you and your family.

Comment

awespome thread

Comment

Well a bad day in the woods still beats a great day at work. Glad your wife enjoyed. From the pictures looks like a beautiful place you got, congratulations on you accomplishments. May God bless you and your family.
                              Thanks a lot for the kind words

It's a heck of a place, and once I finish cleaning up a lot of the yaupons, clean up the creek bed, and get food plots going in the pasture, I'm certain it will start attracting and holding deer like a magnet.

Comment

Do you have any pics of deer?

Comment

Working...
                                X