Which Clothes Dryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    Anyone ever stack the speed queens? They make a front loader. We have some smal space requirements.
    I've stacked Amana that lasted 10 years but not the speed queen. We had serious space restrictions at our old place. Just replaced with new whirlpool set for just over $600 each on sale for about half off and they're about double the load capacity.

Comment

Always low tech. My wife wanted fancy Samsung stuff last time. I’ve replaced the tensioner and belt once already and sounds like I’m about to have to do it again. 3 years old

Comment

I used to work for a furniture/appliance place and we sold a bunch of the speed queens and never had any problems they are a little more expensive though. The basic hotpoint/GE cheap dryers were pretty reliable and easy/cheap to fix as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread...

Ever since it came up I started looking into speed queens. It seems they have changed their design for 2018 to meet government regulations. Apparently they are being built very similar to the new style washers and dryers.

Big bummer, unless you can get your hands on some old stock.

Lots of videos on YouTube about it.... now I’m unsure on what to buy

Comment

That stinks. We got speed queen a few years ago when we built our house. Low tech but they work really well....knock on wood.

Comment

My understanding is the Speed Queens have to have the energy conserving setting, but the normal settings are still included. That has required them do away with the manual controls, but from what I've gathered they seem to be as reliable as the manual controls. At least that's what I've read in reviews and from speaking with several dealers. As a matter of fact, all but one recommended the electronic controls over the manual. The warranty was actually longer for the electronic.

All that being said, my dryer is manual control because it was a 2016 closeout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X