No announcement yet.

Portable Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I plan to do one day. Very nice!

Comment

Nice!

First-time poster here but I'm planning on doing the same thing, kind of on my family land in Cherokee, Texas.

I'm debating between a trailer and an actual Travel Trailer.

Looks great!

Comment

Awesome Build

Comment

That looks great! Any issues with ventilation? I know you have the windows and the A/C unit when it's warm. I was just thinking about when it is cold and you have to run a heater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
            That looks great! Any issues with ventilation? I know you have the windows and the A/C unit when it's warm. I was just thinking about when it is cold and you have to run a heater.
            I didn't really have any real cold weather this year, but I did run a small electric heater one night off the generator. A couple other mornings I lit up a small catalytic propane heater to take the chill off and made sure I cracked both windows. I do worry about moisture build up since it is pretty airtight. I have already purchased a vent to install to let air circulate through when we aren't using it. Trying to keep out the mold and the musty smell that you sometimes get with a camper.

Comment

That's great! Good looking rig!

Comment

strong work sir!

Comment

Originally posted by HtownCityBoy View Post
                  Nice!

First-time poster here but I'm planning on doing the same thing, kind of on my family land in Cherokee, Texas.

I'm debating between a trailer and an actual Travel Trailer.

Looks great!
                  Welcome to the green screen!
                  I have had several travel trailers and as a matter of fact we have an almost new one that we like to take to the lake a few times a year. The problems I have had on campers at deer leases though were aggravating and costly. Mice, water leaks, mold and mildew, dead converter, dead refrigerator, dead air conditioner,etc.. Granted, I may have some of those same issues with this build, but I tried to eliminate as many of those potential problems as I could. If I do have a problem, I built it, so I figure I can fix it. Definitely pros and cons to each, but this definitely worked out better for my current situation. When you get ready to build, let me know and maybe I can help you avoid a few headaches that I had.

Comment

Definitely a great ongoing project great foresight and thanks for sharing I know for a fact several people have thought of doing such a project including myself. Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple thoughts for you. One an on-demand water heater is great. I have one similar to this one and they are great.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-HWD...d+water+heater

Next is a roll of LED lights inside the trailer, connected to a photo cell. The lights come on at dark and off at daylight. Mice don't care for light. Fold up the beds before you leave it will help with mice too.

I also have one of these connected to the photo cell. It too comes on at dark and off at daylight.

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Blocker.../dp/B00DWGAHM0

Since I installed these two in my trailer I have not had any mice, knock on wood.

Nice build.

Comment

very cool.

Comment

I really like how that turned out I think I'm gonna have use make one now!

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                            A couple thoughts for you. One an on-demand water heater is great. I have one similar to this one and they are great.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-HWD...d+water+heater

Next is a roll of LED lights inside the trailer, connected to a photo cell. The lights come on at dark and off at daylight. Mice don't care for light. Fold up the beds before you leave it will help with mice too.

I also have one of these connected to the photo cell. It too comes on at dark and off at daylight.

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Blocker.../dp/B00DWGAHM0

Since I installed these two in my trailer I have not had any mice, knock on wood.

Nice build.
                            Good thoughts. I already got the water heater, I highly recommend them. So far, no mice, and our lease is overrun with them. I made sure not to leave any food or water in the trailer between trips. I looked at running a row of rope lights inside for "effect lighting", but didn't think of it as rodent control. May be something to add.

Comment

Very nice! Any idea how much it weighs?

Comment

Now this is pretty bad azz

Comment

Working...
                                X