Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Page 35, this page, could possibly be the last page of this thread. With tomorrow's Get-2-Gether, a new thread for 2017-2018 will be started. Get in here and post while you can.

W lake is currently sitting at 2.75 feet below normal.

A lake is currently sitting at .28 feet above normal.
    We'll then I guess I'll be at the lake in the morning and check out a a couple of areas.

Comment

I'm dying to see the new thread start, you guys/gals have fun tomorrow.

Comment

I'm def ready for the new season (and thread)!! I'll be shooting a recurve this year as well, scored a beat grizzly and am super excited about it. Anyone have any luck with hogs lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
          I'm def ready for the new season (and thread)!! I'll be shooting a recurve this year as well, scored a beat grizzly and am super excited about it. Anyone have any luck with hogs lately?
          I don't do summer hogs on the lake anymore. To hot, to hot to get the meat cooled down fast, to many skeeters, to much sweat, to darn old and wore out from hunting-em .

Comment

Agree to dang hot for hogs

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post

I've seen more hogs out there in the past month than I have some years in total. Been a really mild summer, and if ya do go out, odds are you'll have the place to yourself.

Go near water and a few hours after daybreak or a few before sunset and youre likely to run into em. Better have ice in the cooler and a good pack if you plan on eating em. I just carry a frame pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                I've seen more hogs out there in the past month than I have some years in total. Been a really mild summer, and if ya do go out, odds are you'll have the place to yourself.

Go near water and a few hours after daybreak or a few before sunset and youre likely to run into em. Better have ice in the cooler and a good pack if you plan on eating em. I just carry a frame pack.
                You better carry lots of water too I just got out of the woods not that long ago.

Comment

With the opening of the new thread for 2017-2018, lets let this thread slide to the bottom of the endless pit known as the interwebs.

Click here for the link to the 2017-2018 Season thread.

Comment

Where did er'body go??

[emoji851][emoji848][emoji848]

Comment

well three years in a row crazy rain . and whitney is 4 ft low? man they cant control lake level for nothin

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                        well three years in a row crazy rain . and whitney is 4 ft low? man they cant control lake level for nothin

[emoji41][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

[emoji41][emoji23]
                          Have you gone out of your mind ? What are you do-n bump-n the previous year's thread to the top? This is the 2016 season thread!

Comment

Get him TG!

Comment

Kill it with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                Kill it with fire.

The devil made me do it. [emoji51][emoji23]🤫

Comment

Working...
                                X