No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this would be a good day. trying to coax the youngster into going with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
      "Sources" say it just might be a very good day for some "activity"!

What app is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I see three violations in that pic. 1st is obvious tree stand being nailed into the tree. Second is construction of a project on ACE lands. Third is on the edge of the water. Someone cut part of that tree down at the base. Stuff like this that cause the project managers wanting to do away with hunting programs. Because they have to pay the man hours to enforce the law, and clean it all up. That cuts into the project budget where as those funds could be used in other places for restoration of some of the parks when they flood, or have some how been damaged.

Simple GPS coordinates to the office via their web sight/e-mail and that should be taken care of by some of the staff. If not, send it to the district office and they will make sure the project manager gets it taken care of . If it's not stopped now, feeders will be going up next. I've seen this type of behavior to many times to know in my 30+ years of hunting ACE lands. I'd sure hate to see yall fellers loose some hunting grounds out there.

I sent over the coordinates as soon as I got back to the truck. This guy had a trail cam set up that wasn't locked down and there was another stand about 200 yd south of this one overlooking a shallow creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
          I could not agree with you more TG. This past season I hunted lake Aquila and it is a huge problem out there.

It was hard to get out of a warm bed this morning but I have found myself in a cedar. I'm thinking ldps by lunch..

I started hunting Whitney this past season. Dad just built a house south of Cedron creek. I was thinking about trying my luck on gobblers down there next month.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
            What app is that?

It's iHunt by Ruger. It also does weather, activity logs, comes with some game calls, and you can link it to Bluetooth speakers.

Comment

Good job Purvis. And good luck on the turkeys out there at A lake and the W lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                I could not agree with you more TG. This past season I hunted lake Aquila and it is a huge problem out there.

It was hard to get out of a warm bed this morning but I have found myself in a cedar. I'm thinking ldps by lunch..

Any luck?

Comment

Me and my granddaughter are heading to #3 this morning. Gonna see if we can get some squirrel for tonights dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Me and my granddaughter are heading to #3 this morning. Gonna see if we can get some squirrel for tonights dinner.

Good luck to ya

Comment

Struck out. Saw 4 or 5 but Alexis's allergies kick in and she was sneezing too much. We had fun though.

Comment

The kiddos having fun is what it's all about. Granddaddy has fun when the kiddos do too.

Wish my SNL would let me take the grandboys squirrel hunt-n. He downplays hunting every time. Their mother will lettem go. She is all for them get-n out and doing stuff like hunting. But I don't want to cause a ruckus.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          The kiddos having fun is what it's all about. Granddaddy has fun when the kiddos do too.

Wish my SNL would let me take the grandboys squirrel hunt-n. He downplays hunting every time. Their mother will lettem go. She is all for them get-n out and doing stuff like hunting. But I don't want to cause a ruckus.
                          Yeah, we usually don't have much luck when she goes, but we durn sure have fun. Back pack loaded down with snacks, Koolaid in the water bottles and plenty of .410 shells.

Comment

Had some questions.

On the first page the remote light was mentioned,anyone have any specific ones that work well? Also is the permit still free to hunt there? Interested in going and taking a look at the area, it's not to far of a drive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowslaughter View Post
                              Had some questions.

On the first page the remote light was mentioned,anyone have any specific ones that work well? Also is the permit still free to hunt there? Interested in going and taking a look at the area, it's not to far of a drive for me.

Permit is still free. Not sure about the light though.

Comment

I haven't made it out in a while, but last time I came in from a different direction. Even though I was only about 350 yards (maybe a little more) it was completely different. There was a heck of a lot of sign, just nothing moving.

This whole area was rooted up, probably 30 feet long, by 10-12 feet wide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X