Lol!!

FYI I had it read that twice. My mind fell in the gutter

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Lol!!

FYI I had it read that twice. My mind fell in the gutter
        At 6'7" I wouldn't think things would need to be stretched. Haha

Comment

We get the new hands with the " pipe stretcher " joke all the time. Shoot a DRt maybe?

Comment

Well this sucks!
            Just left On Target, my bow shop of choice:-) , Brian said I might not be able to shoot a SF, the arrows might not be long enough....

And my 340's MIGHT be enough. But to increase my FOC switching to 125 grains heads is a good start. If I do that I need to switch to 300 spine arras...

He likes AXIS arras for hogs....

At ur draw I still think a 340 is gonna be on the weak side. Also Axis are a tad heavier gpi arrow and will decrease your FOC with the 125. Not saying they won't work. I shot them and FMJs. But I got just as many pass thus with a standard size carbon and I can get "S" components anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              At ur draw I still think a 340 is gonna be on the weak side. Also Axis are a tad heavier gpi arrow and will decrease your FOC with the 125. Not saying they won't work. I shot them and FMJs. But I got just as many pass thus with a standard size carbon and I can get "S" components anywhere.

So many options! It makes making a decision pert near impossible ....

I was wanting to stay under 419 grains

Comment

I figured a DCA Hunter 29" , 125gr head, 18gr blazers, 11gr insert
                You should be 419grs.
                The fletchings DCA uses are slightly lighter than blazers, should help a tad on FOC

Comment

So many options! It makes making a decision pert near impossible ....

I was wanting to stay under 419 grains

Easily done with a Carnivore and the standard inserts.

Comment

Easily done with a Carnivore and the standard inserts.

:-)
                    Whats your thoughts to get high FOC with this setup & still stay at or under 419 grand?

Comment

:-)
                      Whats your thoughts to get high FOC with this setup & still stay at or under 419 grand?

Let me run some weight numbers. What freakin poundage u gonna shoot again??? I'll run it with a 125 head. Then maybe Muddy or a Mudslinger or E can sorta come up with a round about FOC. I don't even check my FOC. I just know it's high as hell.

Comment

Push button get with muddy just ordered deep impacts from him today. Got 6 with blazers and 6 with feathers. Real cool dude answered all my q's before we decided on what arrow would work best for the kind of grains and foc I was looking for.

Comment

340 or 300

Let me run some weight numbers. What freakin poundage u gonna shoot again??? I'll run it with a 125 head. Then maybe Muddy or a Mudslinger or E can sorta come up with a round about FOC. I don't even check my FOC. I just know it's high as hell.

Lol!!
                          All I see is numbers in my head.
                          68# is the draw weight.

I wish my brain had a clear cache option.
                          I think I'm more confused now than ever

Here's a question.
                          I understand how to build an arrow on paper for total weight.
                          How do, is it possible, to use those numbers to guesstimate FOC?
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-05-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Lol!!
                            68# is the draw weight.

Here's a question.

Ehhhh. That's more of an experience thing. There are calculators for it. But muddy can prolly get dang close just from having the numbers. 29" arrow??? And that measurement is from the throat of the nock to the back edge of the insert.

Comment

Lol!!
                              68# is the draw weight.

Here's a question.
                              Go to gold tip web. Go into build your arrow. Pick a arrow that is close to the weight of arrow your going to use. Just walk through the set up. It will give you a close number. It will be close enough for you to decide if that's they way you want to go.

Comment

Just so yall know, he is a 32" draw. Not sure he can shoot a 29" arrow. Maybe a 30"?

Comment

Working...
                                X