No announcement yet.

Peacocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet down the road from where I grew up had them. Beautiful bird, and they would tear up snakes!

Comment

From what I understand they are white meat! Also the flight feathers are brown and can be used on your arrows! Just Saying

Comment

Grandma always had them, they do catch a mouse or two (but so will free range chickens and such), they do terrorize small snakes, they are very tasty, they are very-very noisy, and they will scratch the heck out of any vehicle they can get on. I think I like them, they would be a nice addition to my arsenal to po the nosey blue hairs and ordinance enforcement folks around here.

Comment

Did anyone mention that they taste great

Comment

My mom had them and they are noisy and they can sound like a woman screaming. I couldn't stand them myself..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one that showed up at our place in Erath county. It hangs out with the turkeys. Hasn't done anything yet to wear out its welcome. Not sure about his snake killing abilities. Apparently he is not hanging around our barn because we just found 39 rattlesnakes not 30 yds from our pole barn and campers.

Comment

My Land Company I retired from BANNED only 1 critter in development sales....

Peacocks! LOUD, will poop on anything they land on......this applied to 5-50 acre sites.

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
                  We have one that showed up at our place in Erath county. It hangs out with the turkeys. Hasn't done anything yet to wear out its welcome. Not sure about his snake killing abilities. Apparently he is not hanging around our barn because we just found 39 rattlesnakes not 30 yds from our pole barn and campers.
                  What was the den under,we are just west of you and it is that time of year.

Comment

we have them free range in InWood north. 4 or 5 males and females. you can hear them about 1/2 mile away.

Comment

They make great turkey locators I know that

Comment

Den was in and under about 20 sheets of old tin.

Comment

They are the loudest, most annoying, useless animals ever. You’ll hate them real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            I raised half a dozen guinea hens when I lived in the country. I heard they were great guard animals as they would supposedly make a racket if a car or animal they didn’t recognize approached the house. Well yes, they did make a racket when that would happen but they would also make a racket all times if the day. I shot them all out of an oak tree one morning and fed them to my dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I like you, you seem to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              Cats are much better than peacocks . I have never heard that they keep snakes and mice away, but I guess it's possiible. Some neighbors we had next to property my grandma owns used to have them, you would be deer hunting one morning and hear "HHHHEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWW" about every few minutes. It got old real quick
                              Heard one tonight as I was setting my hog trap---

Comment

Snakes and rats can stand all the dang racket they make, so they pack up their bags and leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X