Refletch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refletch?

I was shooting 3 arrow groups at 17yds today to see if one of my arrows was a flyer (it was) and with the two good arrows, I shot a little too good and almost had my first robinhood... My question is should I refletch these arrows? I hate to do it in the middle of hunting season but my next trip out to the stand is in a little over a month.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If you're nervous about it then re-fletch. If it were me I'd leave them alone. I have a few arrows that are in way worse shape than that and last time I shot them they were flying fine.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

Comment

I concur.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

That is simply aesthetics, I usually shoot the same arrows over and over for practice and stumping. These usually look pretty rough over time but still function fine until I start losing whole feathers.

Comment

I let my practice arrows get pretty ragged before I refletch and there has never been a noticeable effect on accuracy. I keep my hunting arrows, on the other hand, pristine. Probably makes no difference but I guess it gives me confidence that they will steer the broadheads.

Comment

Steam them and kepp shooting,

Comment

I normally could get a couple more months out of fletchings like that. I had one arrow that had one fletching shot off and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I keep my hunting arrows, on the other hand, pristine. Probably makes no difference but I guess it gives me confidence that they will steer the broadheads.
                That was my dilemma. These were the ones i was going to hunt with...

Comment

I don't think a small gap where you are missing a few quills will make any difference in arrow flight even with broadheads. However if it bugs you, swap em' out. That's what I do

Comment

They are fine as long as they are not lifting/separating from the shaft.

I've shot with feathers in much worse shape than that, and they shot just as good as brand new fletching.

Rick

Comment

Refletch?

I have some that are waaaaaay worse than those! They are not a problem..............unless they are a problem in your head! If you think they could mess things up, then your head is already out of whack, and you just might mess up a shot with them. If that is the case, refletch them and hunt with confidence!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep shooting them. No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          i let my practice arrows get pretty ragged before i refletch and there has never been a noticeable effect on accuracy. I keep my hunting arrows, on the other hand, pristine. Probably makes no difference but i guess it gives me confidence that they will steer the broadheads.
                          this^^^

Comment

If it messes with your head, change them. What you have there would not mess with my head. I prefer to refletch when they get bloody.

Comment

I shot them today and one shoots fine but the other actually has some warping on the cockfeather that was causing it to do a weird spiral in flight. Since i have to refletch that flier and get all the stuff out i am just going to do all 3.

I'm still new to fletching my own arrows(this was the first set of arrows I've done), how much offset do yall do with your helical clamps? I'm using a bpe profletch with left helical clamp. 5in LW shield cuts on GT Trads 5575.

Comment

Working...
                              X