No announcement yet.

Tagging a Low fence deer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not finding that game law stating it cannot be done. I've thought about it several times myself but haven't done it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      So, apparently, anything you can get away with is OK.
      Would seeing a deer on your place with an ear tag upset you? I doubt it. Anyone ive ever talked to that saw a deer with an ear tag thought it was pretty neat. He would get a pass on many places I would think until he got so where he wasn't passable. Could dang sure give him a few more years of his life I bet. I don't understand whats not ok with it as long as youre not hunting illegal. To watch and see him every year would be cool to keep track of. JMO.
      Last edited by Killer Miller; 11-08-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
        So apparently you two always drive the exact speed limit and never speed?
        Apparently you like splitting hairs! Lol
        It's the mentality of this generation of "be hard to prove you did it" that compels people to deliberately find a grey area to try to justify their actions.
        If people can't see the error in that then "apparently" they don't want to.
        If it's legal ,, go for it! I think it would be cool to know you was watching the same deer grow over the years.
        Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-08-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

No sir not exactly. Breaking the law is breaking the law no matter how small. So your doing 56 in a 55 is breaking a law just like this fellar is talking about. Here is a little quote for you “let he without sin cast the first stone”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can quote scripture all day if you want, your still doing the same thing your accusing me of,, and your missing the point! If I break a law I deserve to be punished by the law accordingly. I don't deliberately find a way to break laws and justify my actions or "get away " with something. ( not saying anyone is , it's just a common thing)
            If you wish to discuss farther then shoot me a pm, I'm not going to keep muddying up the op's thread with unnecessary banter.
            Later!

Comment

All I'm saying is someone upset with someone about putting an ear tag in a deers ear is rediculous and just out to get someone in trouble. That's what I meant by what I said. There's a lot of great people on here that would think it would be cool to see a deer with an ear tag and continue to watch game cam pics and keep up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                Under what law?
                First thing that comes to mind is that you would be capturing a live wild whitetail fawn without a permit. Second thing is you would marking/tagging the fawn for personal research without a permit. I agree it would be fun to watch and hard to prove but still not something someone could do without the proper permits.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                  First thing that comes to mind is that you would be capturing a live wild whitetail fawn without a permit. Second thing is you would marking/tagging the fawn for personal research without a permit. I agree it would be fun to watch and hard to prove but still not something someone could do without the proper permits.
                  I was wondering how it was illegal

I can see the capturing, even though it might be 2 min you still had to "catch" it

I would love to catch one and put a tracking collar on it here just to see where all the ones I see go and how they get there. IF that was legal

Comment

I don't think I'm agile enough to tag a deer, but I'm agile enough to watch one. I've watched her for three years now.

FTR this is not high fenced, just introduced genetics.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 11-08-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Tagging a Low fence deer???

Watched her all last season. Found out she was native that got out of high fence after release from DMP pen.
                      I tagged a doe fawn back in 2001 that I saw wobble across a highway and lay down. A friend of my moms spotted her 7-8 years later 10 miles upstream near the same creek on another highway.

Comment

I just asked a GW buddy. It's illegal.

Comment

I know of a few places that tagged wild fawns just to keep tabs on them. Game Warden went out to those places and never brought anything up. Wonder if they just didn't know, or just didn't care.

"Tagging for personal research" does that only apply to wild caught deer? What about dmp or released breeder does?

Comment

It's not worth the backlash that you'd get here, when you shot it and posted pictures!

Comment

So your just assuming its illegal. Cool, that's what I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I was wondering how it was illegal

I can see the capturing, even though it might be 2 min you still had to "catch" it

I would love to catch one and put a tracking collar on it here just to see where all the ones I see go and how they get there. IF that was legal
                                If you walked up on a fresh fawn you wouldn't have to catch it, just reach down and put the tag in.

Comment

Working...
                                X