No announcement yet.

Open Carry In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Vermont. No restrictions at all on OC or CC, and don't we always hear about how the streets are running with blood up there?

I think AK is about the same as Vermont. Another scary place.

Comment

let me pose this question to you...

WHY do you need open carry ?

and the second amendment CANNOT be part of the answer.

Comment

Just signed it Thanks I didn't know this was out there. It didn't have anything to do with criminal rights or the Mexico boarder so this didn't get any news time. I have a CHL and in the summer it's hard to carry and keep it hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by greenflag View Post
          In my opinion, I like the concealed carry because to the bad guy you still hold the cards. If you know that someone is basically defenseless they are a much easier target. If the potential victim might be packing Joe bad guy might might get shot. If the guys that were packing had to wear the weapon in the open the choice of a victim just became easier.
          This is true but just because you can carry your weapon in the open dosen't mean you have to. You can still keep it concealed if you want to.

Comment

I am about as big a "Gun NUt" as there is around. I enjoy my CCL and never leave home empty handed. BUT i could not support a bill that would allow folks walking around town with a six shooter in a tied down hoister. I can see no reason for it and would make my wife uncomfortable. you have to keep your ****** concealed but it is still there when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post

You're starting from the wrong end.

What reason do you have for restricting a law abiding citizen from carrying?

Why someone wants to carry, or own a long gun, or participate in any other legal activity is nobody's business but their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post

Because I shouldn't have to sneak around as if I were ashamed.

Now, answer me this.

What gives us the right to tell a person they don't have the right to self defense?

Comment

On topic, but posted completely in jest...

Shopping in Texas

Comment

SN I laughed out loud. Thats way funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by Lop_31 View Post
                      I forgot to add. No matter what law is passed the bad guys will always have guns.
                      No matter what happens I will always have guns. Does this make me one of the bad guys?

Comment

Not at all. That wasn't what I meant and sure didnt want anybody on this site to take it that way. All I meant was that the "bad guys", criminals will always be prepared; therefore, we should too.

Comment

Buff, that's a heck of a video the moron's made. Glad that victim had the gun.

Comment

I signed, but if it were an either, or, type situation I still to keep mine concealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              I'm a little curious about this statement. What good reason is there for carrying an exposed weapon? Remember, concealment means the bad guy doesn't know who has a gun and who doesn't. Exposed means he takes you out first!
                              Exactly!!! Oh, yes i have had my license since it started.
                              Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                              In the future I will not post on these issues. I should have known better.
                              Just support something that is put together correctly! Bad grammar, mispelled words, etc is not something I want or feel the need to be a part of. I am a sure a high school english teacher could have proof read it before putting it on the WORLD WIDE WEB!
                              Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                              Couldn't all the above be accomplished with the current concealed carry regs?
                              Trailboss
                              EXACTLY the same thought i had! Whew, i was wondering if i was missing something.
                              I forgot to add. No matter what law is passed the bad guys will always have guns.
                              Yep, that is and will always be the case! I never see them in Bass Pro, Carters Country or Academy around here. But I know exactly where they go to get them back at home......and it ain't your local gun shop!!!!
                              Not at all. That wasn't what I meant and sure didnt want anybody on this site to take it that way. All I meant was that the "bad guys", criminals will always be prepared; therefore, we should too.
                              Don't worry about Jason, he just loves stirring the pot! How is that pup doing Jason?

Comment

Working...
                              X