Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye at home filet at steakhouse

Comment

restaurants can't beat dad's filets from butcher done on the Big Green Egg. Other aged cuts can beat his steaks though.

If I'm going out for steak the aged, bone-in rib steak from Bob's Steak and Chop rare gets the nod (called Cote de Boeuf on menu). That aged beef simply can't be beat IMO. Capital Grill's delmonico style ribeye is good, but i suspect they're hiding a bit behind their sauce. Disclaimer I haven't eaten japanese beef, so opinions may change.

A Chateaubriand, a big ol' chunk from fat end of whole tenderloin (basically giant filet) is good to split between two for those that want more ounces if a normal baseball sized filet doesn't fill you up. Beware $$

I did a Chateaubriand at home after buying a whole tenderloin and cut steaks myself, but would never cook one again. Too much stress / babysitting

Comment

new york strip followed very very close by a ribeye, never more than medium and i have had a lot of them show up at the table medium rare and my wife wonders how i can eat a raw steak,,, it has taken years but she only rarely ruins hers as well done any more, another 30 years and i might get her eating them medium rather than medium well

Comment

I like filets and ribeyes....... anybody ever put some Allegro marinade on their steak? Salt and course pepper with Allegro or salt and course pepper with olive oil is what I normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
            I like filets and ribeyes....... anybody ever put some Allegro marinade on their steak? Salt and course pepper with Allegro or salt and course pepper with olive oil is what I normally do.
            For a change of pace the Allegro marinade is good, but I normally like sea salt, course pepper and some garlic salt cooked on the grill for whatever cut I am grilling.

Comment

You lost me at well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                I grill ribeyes at home rare-medium rare. My favorite is the tomahawk ribeye cooked medium rare from Eddie V’s in Ft. Worth. A cup of lobster bisque, the tomahawk with sides makes me fat and happy during the evening and miserable later that night!
                Why in the world would you go to Eddie v prime "seafood" and order a steak??
                Like like going to Chinese resteraunte and ordering a burrito!

Chilean seabass in the lemon butter sauce

Comment

Filets make great jerky other then that they are taste less.

Rib roast is where it’s at

Comment

Ribeye medium rare and I use the same seasoning that Saltgrass uses, heavily. Add some butter when I take it off the grill and let it rest a few minutes. My wife prefers a filet medium rare.

Comment

Fillet Medium rare, What else is there?

Comment

Ribeye. Marinated in garlic salt and Worcestershire(Lea and Perrins).

Sear both dies over a 1,000+ degree fire, red in the middle. Lick the plate after I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          Why in the world would you go to Eddie v prime "seafood" and order a steak??
                          Like like going to Chinese resteraunte and ordering a burrito!

Chilean seabass in the lemon butter sauce
                          I’ve had the sea bass and it’s awesome. I go with a group from the apartment association of Tarrant County once a year and it’s kind of become a tradition for me and a couple of the other guys to get the tomahawk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24538248Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24538249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ribeye, course crushed black pepper, Kosher salt, medium rare.... because there I no other proper way to eat dead bovine!

Comment

This thread made me hungry for steak, the wife went down to Sprouts and picked up 4 prime ribeyes yesterday, they were like 19.00 a pound I cooked them over coals to medium rare, had to be absolutely the worst steak I ever had, it had to come off a 10 year old herd bull, it was so fatty and tough you could not eat it, first time ever we brought beef back to the store, my wife ask the manager to try it, he would not, he just gave us our 71.00 back.

Comment

Working...
                                X