Sky Blind (Weekend Project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    be careful; I did one like that once and if I put all my weight on one side of the floor it would get overbalanced and tip over, had to put 4x4s on the edges to the ground to keep it from happening.
    it's a great looking blind.
    Will do (be careful that is).

This thing is tied down like a drilling rig, so I'm not worried about it tipping over. That said, I will seldom be standing inside of it, and even when I do stand, the outer edge of the added platform puts me right against the walls, so I don't do that.

My only area of concern is the gap at the entry point. I could conceivably step through that when the carpet is folder over covering it. To prevent that from happening I have the entry at the back of the blind, AND I have a board that slips across it under the carpet. Once in the blind, I slide the board across the entry before closing up the carpet folds.

I did figure out, that I can comfortably lay down, and take a nap. I can't stretch out, but I can get into a simi curled & comfortable position. With the addition of my Buddy Heater, and my ice chest air conditioner, I should be able to stay real comfy in this thing.

Rick

Comment

With the coffee scenario in mind, I may swap out the Buddy Heater for just a good old single burner propane cook stove, BUT then I'll need to add a fire extinguisher. LOL, this thing is getting more top heavy by the minute.

Rick
      Last edited by RickBarbee; 05-15-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Awesome set up and 350 yards is doable for YOU Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
          Awesome set up and 350 yards is doable for YOU Rick!
          With the 30.06.

With that thought in mind, I have considered the fact, that the field could possibly be an awesome coyote killing grounds.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            Will do, I will also need to raise my blinds since they are to short as is.
            Just make sure your window are low enough for you to shoot the down angle, and you'll love it.

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Can I assume you mounted the metal base to the tripod, then leaned it up and then once up, you attached the Tent to the base?

Also how are you keeping the sides/hubs from collapsing in.
              Usually you have to tie the sides down with some string.

Comment

Rick,

Can I assume you mounted the metal base to the tripod, then leaned it up and then once up, you attached the Tent to the base?

Also how are you keeping the sides/hubs from collapsing in.
                Usually you have to tie the sides down with some string.
                Yep. The base is bolted, and braced to the tripod. I set that up, and then hauled the tent up onto it, and tied it down.

The hardest part of the setup is getting the tent onto the tripod.

The sides of the tent are pulled out, and tied down to the lines that anchor the tripod on all four sides.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                  Yep. The base is bolted, and braced to the tripod. I set that up, and then hauled the tent up onto it, and tied it down.

The hardest part of the setup is getting the tent onto the tripod.

The sides of the tent are pulled out, and tied down to the lines that anchor the tripod on all four sides.

Rick
                  Thanks for the answers.

I might adapt your design a little to add a more support to the tent blind itself.

I'm thinking 4 metal rods about 8" tall welded to the middle of each side that I can slide a piece of 1/2" pvc over and bend to connect to the opposite side.

I hate sneaking into a collapsed tent blind.

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

I might adapt your design a little to add a more support to the tent blind itself.

I'm thinking 4 metal rods about 8" tall welded to the middle of each side that I can slide a piece of 1/2" pvc over and bend to connect to the opposite side.

I hate sneaking into a collapsed tent blind.
                    I started to put fiberglass rods on mine for the sides to tie down to, but the anchor ropes worked out perfectly to tie down to, so I'm glad I didn't.

Rick

Comment

I know I said I was gonna wait a couple of weeks to go hunt the spot, but I may just have to go this coming weekend.

I'm pretty excited about the prospects, plus I need to put a camera there anyway.

Rick

Comment

New feeders seem to attract attention.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X