Anyone else hunt with a Savage 99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
    Love them. Have hunted off and on with .243, .250 and .300. Grew up with my dad collecting them, bought two myself and wish I still had some of the ones Dad traded or sold. Great shooters.
    My 30-30..made in 1936
    Attached Files

Comment

I've got one in .243. I hadn't hunted with it in years but shot a doe with it last december. They are fun guns IMO.

Comment

I killed my first buck with one in 25-35 Win. I've got three 99"s 2 of them are in 25-35 the other is in 303 savage. all three were manufactured it the early 1900"s. want to break one of them out this fall and shoot another deer. Great guns

Comment

Ive got my great grandpas model 99 in 300 savage. Ive killed with it before, but its been awhile. I dont take it out often. O e thing I need to do is get the magazine worked on as it still works but not the best. I just use it as a single shot when I do take it out. Great gun and fun to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
            I killed my first buck with one in 25-35 Win. I've got three 99"s 2 of them are in 25-35 the other is in 303 savage. all three were manufactured it the early 1900"s. want to break one of them out this fall and shoot another deer. Great guns
            25-35 is a cool caliber....

Comment

I would love to have one in 300 Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                My 30-30..made in 1936
                At one point my dad had a 30-30 that converted to .410! I don't know what happened to it, never seen another!

By the way, that is a SWEET one you have there!

Comment

Dad has one. Killed my first deer with it. I’d like to buy another 99F in 308 if anyone is selling.

Comment

I have a 99 in 308. It’s probally a 9.5 condition. I do hunt with it from time to time. Shoots 150 core lokts lights out.

Comment

I have on that was my grandfathers in . 284
                      Can’t get ammo anymore but can still get brass and reload.
                      Love this gun.

Comment

My grandfather has one in 22-250....pretty cool and I don’t know anyone else that has one.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                          My grandfather has one in 22-250....pretty cool and I don’t know anyone else that has one.
                          I’ve never seen one in 22-250....

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                            At one point my dad had a 30-30 that converted to .410! I don't know what happened to it, never seen another!

By the way, that is a SWEET one you have there!
                            I’d like to see that one....

Comment

Got one in .243. It's killed many a deer over the years and now it doesn't shoot worth a durn.

Comment

For all you saying you want one

Comment

Working...
                                X