2018 Bowfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Oscar, did y'all get it on video? That's the one thing I failed to do on mine... After I stuck that sucker, I tried to set up a camera on the old bridge above her, but while I was setting up the tripod, she came out the water like a tarpon and tail-walked... I chunked that camera aside and concentrated on the fish... I gotta do it again so's I CAN get a video! That's a biggun you got. Did y'all cut her open or take her to the taxi directly? I bet she had 20 pounds of eggs in her!! She got a gut fo sho!! Congrats again!
    The deckhand got some video but I think Steve has to figure out how to upload it. We did not cut her open but I imagine she was pretty full. We got her to the taxi while she was still living.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      The deckhand got some video but I think Steve has to figure out how to upload it. We did not cut her open but I imagine she was pretty full. We got her to the taxi while she was still living.
      Hope he figures it out, but I'm no help. Couple more questions: How much does it cost to have one that size mounted? Are you going to be able to get the meat back from the taxi in edible condition?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Putting 3 arrows in this BEAST was right up there with any of my animals!!! Getting her to the taxidermist in Grapeland was even exciting........just a whirlwind of excitement!
        Yes, this is the ONLY fish I slung a arrow at during the entire trip. Steve and I agreed that only monsters would be targeted........even with dozens of good garfish being spotted all morning........we were in a zone for a pure trophy!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Congrats man! Tell us the story, looks like she pulled 2 floats!

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
          Congrats man! Tell us the story, looks like she pulled 2 floats!
          Three floats....

Comment

I have the video of landing the fish on an SD card. My puter is on dial up and the video is too big to send on the dang phone.. I mailed the card to oscar today so maybe in a couple of days he can get it posted. The fight isnt on the footage, just landing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I have the video of landing the fish on an SD card. My puter is on dial up and the video is too big to send on the dang phone.. I mailed the card to oscar today so maybe in a couple of days he can get it posted. The fight isnt on the footage, just landing it.
              So old school! Much respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                Hope he figures it out, but I'm no help. Couple more questions: How much does it cost to have one that size mounted? Are you going to be able to get the meat back from the taxi in edible condition?

Cost is likely somewhere north of $20.00/INCH... That sucker is 7'4"... you do the math!! I think the folks that I'd use for a biggun like that get about $26/inch now... But that is a trophy of a lifetime! Mine meant more to me than any buck I ever kilt!

Comment

You didnt have to tell Oscar to smile in the pics for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

Just catching up before my MRI.
                    $400 per foot (including tax). They did my last one and it came out great. I told them they could donate the meat to some locals which gives me another reason to get back out there to shoot some other fish.

Comment

Thx Steve, I will get someone smarter than me to figure out how to load it.
                      Yep, 3 floats and she was chugging like on JAWS!!! (-;

Comment

You didnt have to tell Oscar to smile in the pics for sure.
                        BWAHAHAHAHA, Anytime I put a arrow in a critter I just can't help it!! LIFE is wonderful on every cylinder!!!! (-;

Comment

Thx Steve, I will get someone smarter than me to figure out how to load it.
                          Yep, 3 floats and she was chugging like on JAWS!!! (-;

She was pulling the boat around pretty good and it weighs 5,000 lbs plus with us in it.

Comment

She was pulling the boat around pretty good and it weighs 5,000 lbs plus with us in it.
                            Exactly. .......incredible fish!!!!!

Comment

Great fish Oscar but I don't know about that Steve guy

(Hi Steve)
                              Last edited by perow; 04-06-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                                Great fish Oscar but I don't know about that Steve guy

(Hi Steve)
                                He is a gar slimy fellow!

Comment

Working...
                                X