"Chaffhaye" - Thoughts / reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chaffhaye" - Thoughts / reports?

Do any of you feed / use "Chaffhaye"? Thoughts / reports? Thanks.

I have fed it with mixed results. I didn't try it long as they didn't ever take to it and it isn't exactly cheap. Should be pretty high in protein though and good for them if they will eat it.

Comment

I put some out last September for the first time and the deer didn't take to it on my place.

Comment

Put some out for a month or so for aoudad and was unimpressed with the results

Comment

We hunt in Terrell County and a friend who has a place 15 miles from us said it was like crack for the muleys on his place and that they would run to it and eat till it was gone.

We tried 4 bales on our place while hunting 2 years ago and it was not touched in a week while we were out there...deer walked right by it.

Hard to beat good 'ol CORN when it comes to an attractant....

Comment

I've tried it before, deer never touched it. It was on the ground till it rotted away.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
              We hunt in Terrell County and a friend who has a place 15 miles from us said it was like crack for the muleys on his place and that they would run to it and eat till it was gone.

We tried 4 bales on our place while hunting 2 years ago and it was not touched in a week while we were out there...deer walked right by it.

Hard to beat good 'ol CORN when it comes to an attractant....
              Yeah our mule deer hit it pretty good, but our whitetail don't touch it on our place.

Comment

We used it in OK and it drew deer in each location we put it. But we also had good results with regular alfalfa bales. But our place is mostly pine forest with not a lot of area to plant things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used it with good results. It has no waste , unlike alfalfa bales which seem to waste 1/3 of the bale. Considering very little waste it is way cheaper to feed than alfalfa bales.

Comment

Tried It during Dry Years with Awesome results. Turned around and fed it on the Same Place the year after on a wet Year and Nothing would Touch It. Only went to Waste.

Hope that Helps you at all

Comment

Pretty mixed bag. We hunt in Wilbarger County w/ plenty of cultivated land. I'll think i'll pass on this new toy. Just looking at things to concentrate deer into a smaller area. Thanks for the reviews.

Comment

I hunt Del Rio area, took deer 1-2 months to really warm up to it. I put 150# on ground and lasts 4-5 days. Every deer that shows up goes straight to it. They love it! Didn't put any out for last 2 yrs and decidex to throw a couple bales out a month ago, in 2 days 100# was completely gone, all whitetail.

Comment

Encouraging report Bentlimbs!

Comment

50 lbs a night if I put it. They line up like its a buffet

Comment

I tried some for the first time this year. Every deer that came in walked straight to it and started eating it, then they would move over to the corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X