Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Another dang good thread in 2018 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one. . Junior is getting antsy once again so here we go!

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation (and last year was a great example) the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2019 after a less than stellar 2018 for most of us Angelo area hunters!

In, looking forward to another season!

Comment

Tagged in! Good luck everyone on a New year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna try my hand at adding some timed protein feeders to my sets in hoping of adding another attractant to my fall sets. Anybody have one or two for sale because they are changing or getting off a lease, let me know.

Comment

Let’s start counting down the days till the 2019 season!!

Comment

Thanks Smart!!

So who can school me when and what I need to do to make my offseason a productive one?
            I hunt a place that's South West of San Angelo I was able to harvest my biggest buck to date and was my first year on the lease.
            I would like to attract more deer to my area as well as help with growth. Thanks in advance.

PS. not sure many people on our lease feed protein so take that into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
              Thanks Smart!!

So who can school me when and what I need to do to make my offseason a productive one?
              I hunt a place that's South West of San Angelo I was able to harvest my biggest buck to date and was my first year on the lease.
              I would like to attract more deer to my area as well as help with growth. Thanks in advance.

PS. not sure many people on our lease feed protein so take that into consideration.

1. Food
              2. Cover
              3. Water

I would feed as heavily as you can, especially right now to get the body weight back onto your deer herd before going into growing season. This way your deer aren’t using their nutrients, fats and proteins to put more weight back on when it comes to growing time but instead goes into their rack. Another thing is to make your set as comfortable and convenient as possible for you. Anything you didn’t like during the season or could make better I would. Then lastly if you have the ability, create a water station. That way deer aren’t stressing for water over the heat of the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                Thanks Smart!!

Feed, feed, feed your own sets and they will come. On our place....the folks that feed the most are usually the more successful ones. Now sure, there are outliers in everything but as a whole, those of us who feed more than just corn, have water in their pens or nearby and keep up with it all season have a higher success rate. That being said, I had my worst season ever. Really the whole lease did....but competing against mother nature's Lubys this year was a *****.

Comment

Im ready...

Comment

I still have one hunt left. I will be taking my daughter on the last weekend of youth season. When we are there I will be filling corn, rice bran, and cottonseed feeders.

Comment

in

Comment

Headed back this weekend for a couple more does, top off feeders, and get everything picked up and squared away for a couple months. Looks like our ranch will be doing some controlled burns in a couple pastures within the next few months.

Comment

Had a great 2018 season and ready for a new season to begin. Had my little man help me kick off the off-season feeding with a little cottonseed.

Comment

How do yall set up your water totes? gravity fed ?

Comment

Wait..... what???? 2018 is over, where did it go, sure did fly by. Luckily we still have a couple months to put down a few more deer but getting ready and already in search of “the buck” for next season.

Get those lease chores done now, it will be 100 before we know it.

Good luck to all!

Comment

Working...
                              X