Trip to Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to Atlanta, GA

I'm gonna be heading to Atlanta in a few days on my motorcycle. (heading to BLADE show for 1st time so I'm pretty pumped about that!) I'm gonna have some time to kill so anything I need to see on my way out there or around Atlanta? Never really been out that way before and would like to do some sight seeing if there's anything cool out that way! I'll basically be taking I-20 the whole way...anyone know of anything I should check out while I'm heading that way?

Thanks!

Stone mountain. Stay the evening if u can for the laser show. Go hike up it too. On 20 in Mississippi, google hal and mals. Food is awesome, Jackson ms I wana say. It's off state st, can't remember the town right now. Look down over the bridges in Louisiana, you ll see gators. Coca cola mesuem is in Atlanta.

Comment

U could go by duck commander. It's in monroe la off of 20. You ll see Talladega too on your right going 20. 7th redneck wonder of the world.

Comment

For fast food in Atlanta, you could try a place called the varsity. You could go to little 5 points in Atlanta it's a more eclectic type of area.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
          Stone mountain. Stay the evening if u can for the laser show. Go hike up it too. On 20 in Mississippi, google hal and mals. Food is awesome, Jackson ms I wana say. It's off state st, can't remember the town right now. Look down over the bridges in Louisiana, you ll see gators. Coca cola mesuem is in Atlanta.
          Thanks for the suggestions! Will definitely check out Stone Mountain!

Comment

Ted's Montana Grill is also a good place to eat. There is Olympic park downtown, the Aquarium is awesome but pricey, College Football Hall of Fame, Stone Mountain is gorgeous, and watch out for the panhandlers if you are downtown after dark.
            Last edited by roberts; 05-23-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post

Hal & Mal's is in Jackson and I wouldn't be caught down there after dark. If you end having to spend the night in Jackson, stay on the east side in Pearl or Brandon. Less likely to loose your life and property.

Comment

Get out of the city and head up to the mountains. Helen is a neat little tourist trap.

Comment

The vortex bar and grill, and get Coronary Bypass... Its a really good burger.

Buzy Bee cafe for fried chicken.
                  The varsity, get a pimento cheese burger, its not on the menu, and dont get the grease on your pants it wont come out, the onion rings are great too.

If you want to see alot of the stuff downtown, get a citypass it does save you money. you can get into the aquarium, the world of coke, cnn, and the college football HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                    Hal & Mal's is in Jackson and I wouldn't be caught down there after dark. If you end having to spend the night in Jackson, stay on the east side in Pearl or Brandon. Less likely to loose your life and property.
                    Always good info to have!

Comment

Hal and mals has a killer shrimp po boy. May not be a great area, but some very tasty food

Comment

In North Georgia there are awesome places to see/ride, Amicalola Falls/Blue Ridge Mtns come to mind among others. Ted’s is good as said above, the Varsity is an experience for sure, but the food is greasy hotdogs. World of Coke museum is overrated imo.

Comment

An old school mate of mine owns a bbq joint in mabelville called TDT BBQ. HE runs it out of a shell station. The place looks shabby but the bbq is fantastic. If you go make sure and get the peach cobbler. I am not a fan of cobbler but he gave me some to try and it was awesome.

Comment

Under ground Atlanta

Comment

Word of warning: stay off of MARTA at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X