Would you have done the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
    In usually not one to give to homeless people... unless they’re missing an extremity or have a dog.
    I am exactly opposite on this. Pets are a luxury. Eat the dog.

It floors me to see any homeless person with a pet...or see one smoking...or see one that is obese. No sympathy.

I read somewhere sometime ago that 30-50 percent of dog food in New York City is consumed by humans.

OP...Idve done the same thing.

Comment

I am a sucker for a good sign too.

I would rather give some cash to someone standing at an intersection in this heat rather than give it to this guy:

Comment

I’ll pay for an entertaining sign.

Was in New Orleans when a guy had a sign that said “need fuel for personal jet”

You sir are awarded 5$ for your sense of humor!! Hahaha I enjoyed seeing that sign.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

We used to build boxes in our church group to hand out to homeless people. We would put a few items in each of them - bottle of water, pack of crackers, can of Vienna sausage, disposable shower cap, travel bottles of shampoo/conditioner, card with bible verse or short prayer, etc.

I used to keep a few in my truck and hand them out at intersections from time to time. Driving around Houston, homeless people are on many corners, so it was easy to hand them out.

Regardless, I had numerous people refuse a 2nd box on a later date. All they wanted was money to continue their habits. Didn't care about food, water or anything else. There was one guy that was always very thankful...I think his dog was too.

Bottom line, if you really want to help homeless people, donate to your local church, food pantry or the like. Give one some food if you like. But don't give them any money.

Comment

Maybe be was checking his gofund me account. I don’t give money to them

Comment

Working...
            X