Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any extra venison they would donate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any extra venison they would donate?

I have a friend who's wife has ulcerative colitis, and as a result, I've been told she has a very limited diet.

My friend made the request of my bass club yesterday, that if any of us had any extra "venison or upland birds" to share, he would appreciate it. He says she cannot eat pork or overly fatty / greasy meats like duck.

I'm going to bring him some steaks / roasts tomorrow, but I know that won't last long. I only shot two last year, and most of that was ground up with pork to make sausage or burger, which he cannot use.

If anyone has any they would be willing to donate, I'm sure he would appreciate it. Thank you for considering this request.

All the best,
    Glenn

I probably have a couple packs of hamburger. It only has about three % tallow in it.

Comment

I have ground venison, but it’s been cut with beef tallow, so not sure if she would be able to eat it. If she can, let me know and I’d be happy to donate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 5 packages of hamburger. Let me know. Work on the northwest side of sa

Comment

I have ground venison with nothing added

Comment

Thanks everyone. I’ll ask about the tallow and what she can tolerate. Mine has about 10%, which I’m almost sure she can’t handle. But I’ll check.

Kenner97,
            I live on the NW side of San Antonio (Alamo Ranch). I can come out to meet you if you are available this week. Please let me know what is convenient for you.

AntlerCollector,
            Where are you located?
            All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

If 10% tallow is ok I have some ground fallow she can have. PM me as I might not check this thread again.

Comment

I have some backstrap from the last couple of years she can have. However I’m in Dallas, so if you have a connection here let me know. It is all vacuum packed.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                  Thanks everyone. I’ll ask about the tallow and what she can tolerate. Mine has about 10%, which I’m almost sure she can’t handle. But I’ll check.

Kenner97,
                  I live on the NW side of San Antonio (Alamo Ranch). I can come out to meet you if you are available this week. Please let me know what is convenient for you.

AntlerCollector,
                  Where are you located?
                  All the best,
                  Glenn
                  Yes I’m at work by 8 most days and sometimes earlier.
                  If you want, you can come by my office.
                  I’m at 10 and 410.

Comment

Distance is the problem in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      Distance is the problem in Texas.
                      Yeah, I’d sure like to give her all they we have left but don’t know how to get it to her.

Comment

Dang it! FIL got life-flighted to ICU Saturday so just drove to SA to pick up the Aunt and head back to Houston. I have ten pound's of frozen venison I was getting ready to grind. No fillers yet. If I can pack it in dry ice and mail you for a reasonable price I'll let you know.

Comment

No roast , sausage and back straps! Pm me

Comment

I have full freezer. Give me a day or two and I’ll swing by the house to check how much straight ground venison I have. I’ll be in Pleasanton but may just be passing through east SA soon. Maybe we can meet up at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a way to get it from Victoria, I have 40-50 lbs of deboned cut up in palm size chunks of deer in freezer (from this season, we've already made more sausage than we can eat) It's ready to be ground or whatever want to do with it. I may have chance to grind and package it but our schedule is crazy right now so I don't wanna promise I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X