Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Binoculars $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Cabelas or another store that sells them all and look through them. Your eyes will tell you which one is the right one. I’ve done this and what was supposed to be the best of the best didn’t jive with my eyes.

Comment

Swaro

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
        Sorry, but that’s just bad advice. Those win the bang for the buck category at $200, but that’s about it. Anyone willing to drop $1k should go euro, whether it’s Zeiss, Meopta, or Leica. Maven gets an honorable mention. If you’re willing to spend another $500, go with Swaro SLC’s all day long.
        Truth.

The US and Japan make good glass, but Western Euro glass is the best glass.

Comment

Cameralandny has some great open box or demo deals from time to time. Great customer service.

Another vote for Leica or Swaro. After you make the initial investment they retain value better than probably any other hunting related expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a new pair of Swaro SLC 10x42’s recently for $1300. If you get on SniperHide and check the Optics classifieds, you can usually find an almost new pair for $1200-$1400. A couple of weeks ago, Cameraland and Sport Optics had them on sell for $1500 (new). For that price range, I would not buy anything else, unless you found a really good deal on a used pair of EL’s. The Meopta Meostar, as someone stated above would be my second choice, but they are a little heavier and the ergonomics on them suck compared to the Swaros. However they are $500 cheaper (new).

Don’t let anyone tell you that other lesser brands are “just as good” as Swaro. Spend 5-6 hours a day glassing and your eyes will be just fine with the Swaros. Spend that same amount of time looking thru a pair of “just as good” binos and you’ll know why they are cheaper.
            Last edited by Trevor73402; 12-22-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Swaro slc 10x42, I ended up buying the EL but they are the same glass apparently it’s just something to do with the focus.. I bought mine thru the guy at Alaskan guide creations, great guy to deal with..

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                Cameralandny has some great open box or demo deals from time to time. Great customer service.

Another vote for Leica or Swaro. After you make the initial investment they retain value better than probably any other hunting related expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yea camerland does have some good deals, and if you call and talk to Doug, he will usually nock off some more $$ on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                  Sorry, but that’s just bad advice. Those win the bang for the buck category at $200, but that’s about it. Anyone willing to drop $1k should go euro, whether it’s Zeiss, Meopta, or Leica. Maven gets an honorable mention. If you’re willing to spend another $500, go with Swaro SLC’s all day long.
                  I will agree with this. Everything is compared to Swaro for a reason.

To get the bad azz glass in Zeiss you would have to go to the Victory line. Leica has horrible customer service and too slow in repair times.

Comment

Swarovski EL 10x42.I'd go ahead,and spend a little more.It'll be the last pair you ever buy.My best friend has a pair of Leica,and he loves em.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I second the Swaro SLCs. If you shop around long enough, you could probably find a new set for $1,500.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I will agree with this. Everything is compared to Swaro for a reason.

To get the bad azz glass in Zeiss you would have to go to the Victory line. Leica has horrible customer service and too slow in repair times.
                        While I’d never tell someone to spend less $ on optics (unless they had a $500 budget), once you get up into the $1,000 range the differences aren’t extreme.

Swaro is still the king, but they are more like 4-5% better than 50% better, and other personal preferences like ergonomics, eye cup design, chromatic aberration, the “rolling ball” effect, depth of field, etc, can make a different brand preferable to some people.

Comment

I have the Leica geovid 10x42 hd with the built in rangefinder. Love them

Comment

You can find the Leica Rangefinding binos for that price. You’ll never want binos without a a rangefinder again. The glass is awesome as well.

Comment

Swarovski SLC 10x42

Comment

Completely depends on what you are using them for. I prefer Swarovski for my eye. But I have 3 pair of swaro binos and a swaro spotter and what makes the cut for a hunting trip depends completely on the type of trip I’m going on. My all-time favorites for what they do would be a pair of EL 12x50’s and a pair of EL 8x32. But if I only wanted one pair of do all I’d go with the EL 8.5x42. For my eye they are better optically than the 10’s (which are amazing) and you just don’t lose much in magnification going from 10x to 8.5x.

I’m a ho for top end glass.

Comment

Working...
                                X