25 year old Baseball coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
    You don't actually think you are the only male influence it will take to "teach your son to be a man" do you? I embrace what other people have done to help form my boys into the young men they now are. You should too.
    The key phrase here is “what other people have done to ‘help’ form boys into the men they now are”.

Sounds like the coach who is barely a man himself doesn’t have the best idea of how to do that quite yet. Would be a situation where I might ‘help’ home learn to be a man.

Comment

Clear as mud

Comment

Kids need to learn how to handle bad coaches/bosses too. Let it play out

Comment

I think I would want my son to be playing all the time with players of his own age rather than playing up and not playing with older kids for what ever reason. That would not be his choice at 11. I would make that call for him. Playing beats sitting especially at a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
            You don't actually think you are the only male influence it will take to "teach your son to be a man" do you? I embrace what other people have done to help form my boys into the young men they now are. You should too.
            I'm an assistant Principal at a middle school. I know that I'm not the only one that will influence my children. I wouldn't do the job I do if I didn't believe that. I hope they do better than I have and that will require some outside influence.

Comment

If you don’t like a coach or organization then I suggest move him. My kid played for different style organizations as he developed. Learned something from every coach he played for

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                I think I would want my son to be playing all the time with players of his own age rather than playing up and not playing with older kids for what ever reason. That would not be his choice at 11. I would make that call for him. Playing beats sitting especially at a young age.
                This right here. He can’t get any better watching the older boys from the bench. My 10 yr old plays on an 11u team. He leads off and starts in the field because he competes. If he didn’t compete he would play with kids his own age.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                  I'm an assistant Principal at a middle school. I know that I'm not the only one that will influence my children. I wouldn't do the job I do if I didn't believe that. I hope they do better than I have and that will require some outside influence.
                  Poor reflection on public schools...no one can understand the situation you’re upset with due to horrible communication skills

Comment

I don’t think a coach should say those things to an 11 year old. Is 11 or 12 year old soccer that competitive? I’m with you, I’d get a little peeved as well. It’s just a soccer game.

And it’s your job to “teach him to be a man” not some preteen soccer coach.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                      Poor reflection on public schools...no one can understand the situation you’re upset with due to horrible communication skills
                      Amen!

Are you upset because he sat on the bench or only because of the coach’s choice of words? What prompted that? Did your wife ask the coach why he didn’t play? I see no problem with what he said. Good grief, you should have heard some of my coach’s choice of words!!!

Your explanation leaves a lot of room for confusion.

Comment

I really couldn't follow to well on what the real problem was but what i did get out of it is some of you think a 25 yr old is just a kid. I was 17 1/2 when i joined the Army inf, and there have been countless young MEN and WOMEN who have died for this country who by you're standards were kids. That's complete BS imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                          I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

sounds like a dumb *** 25 yr old

Comment

Just read this again this morning and still don’t get what you are upset about.

Comment

Another problem. Parents should not be allowed to listen to the coaching staff and there should not be any contact with the coaches for 24 hours if there is an issue. After 24 hours most folks have slept on it and emotions are not so high. Parents should protect their kids and watch them like a hawk for coaches that are predators. Other than that just do what is asked to help out and be there to support your child

Comment

Working...
                                X