Robert E. Lee High School offensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    I guess you would be in favor on renaming all the things named Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Adams, etc.....

Where does it stop? Its just so stupid that I can't believe this is a "thing".
    You know where it stops. Or where they would like it to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Since there are records of union troops slaughtering and raping women and children, do we take down anything related to Grant?
      Those are individuals - they were not a representation of the entire group of Union forces.

Comment

Since there are records of union troops slaughtering and raping women and children, do we take down anything related to Grant?
        Grant and more importantly Sherman were ****ing war criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Those are individuals - they were not a representation of the entire group of Union forces.

But atrocities, none the less.

Comment

I just think it's hilarious that the same people that want these names changed probably have a Che t-shirt in their closet.

Comment

Hell let's go fishing

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Grant and more importantly Sherman were ****ing war criminals.
                You are not wrong.

Comment

The end game is the constitution and bill of rights. If founding documents were drafted and implemented by racist Slave owners then they will clamor for it’s removal.
                  These statues are just the jump off point.

Comment

But atrocities, none the less.
                    If you dont want to see a difference, then that's up to you.

Individual acts as opposed to an entire system representation of oppression are different to most.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      The end game is the constitution and bill of rights. If founding documents were drafted and implemented by racist Slave owners then they will clamor for it’s removal.
                      These statues are just the jump off point.
                      I disagree - not the same

Comment

If you dont want to see a difference, then that's up to you.

Individual acts as opposed to an entire system representation of oppression are different to most.
                        I see the difference. My point is, the reason we are talking about this is because someone decided they were offended. Just about anyone can find something to be offended about if they want to.

Comment

HISD, Houston, changed some of the school names a couple of years ago. It only cost the tax payers right at $1,000,000 for each school. Now they are around $93,000,000 short fall in the red and trying to figure out how to stiff the tax payers to pay that. I can see your concern that an outsider has come in to stir the pot. That is the agenda of certain individuals.

Comment

Signed and shared on FB. A good friend of mine attended REL here in Houston when it was actually a good school and, boy, he and bunch of other folks were hoppin' mad when the district caved.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                              Just a nugget to ponder....

Would you expect surviving Jews and their children in Germany to attend Hitler HS or walk by statues of Gestapo soldiers? I once heard a man make this anology and it completely changed my mind on this issue. I am not personally offended by statues or building names, but i can't just poo-poo away someone else feeling tormented by confederate tributes

I think it is safe to say there aren't many surviving slaves or their children from the Civil War era.

Comment

I disagree - not the same
                                What’s your point? I didn’t say the two were the same. I simply stated what I believe to be he end goal of the statue/renaming schools nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X