Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....I broke down and bought one today. Now to start fixing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are the aftermarket stock options, something about a poly trigger guard on a rifle like this bothers me.

Comment

Boyds is the only one I've found so far, unless you want to get into a chassis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
          [ATTACH]829710[/ATTACH]

I've had mine for a couple months. Haven't even shot it yet. I was waiting on my Boyd's stock to come in. Then was taking my sweet time prepping it for glass bedding. It was my 1st time to bed a stock. I think it came out pretty good. I can wait to get her to the range! Mine's in .223. The plan is for it to be my "go to" predator rifle, provided it produces the accuracy I'm wanting.

What trigger guard did you use?

Comment

The boyds stock comes with a guard, but yes, it's polymer.

Comment

I had horizontal stringing which seemed to be a bipod induced flex issue. Quit using the bipod and it went away.

On a different note shot my first animal with the 143 ELD-X yesterday. The 8 point was DRT at about 160 yds. The jacket separated from the rest of the bullet but it did do what it was supposed to do.

Comment

Same here bought rifle Thursday and it delivered today. 143 gr eld-x went through deers neck and through feeder leg at 150yds.

Deer is right under feeder.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody have one in .243? If so, how are the results? Going to pull the trigger on one here soon and leaning towards a Tikka since I'm a big fan, but this is intriguing me especially with that Boyd's stock.

Comment

I've handled both, and I'd go with the Tikka.... in fact, I'm trying to do some trading right now so I can buy me a Tikka.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                      I've handled both, and I'd go with the Tikka.... in fact, I'm trying to do some trading right now so I can buy me a Tikka.

Yea, I'm pretty die hard Tikka, but I like the fact that the Ruger has a heavier barrel and is threaded. I've handled them and the actions aren't bad, but not comparable to a Tikka. Accuracy is what I'm most curious about as I know what the Tikka will print.

Comment

I am not sure this changes my mind but here is an interesting, seemingly unbiased review of the RAP 6.5 CM. What are you guys thoughts? I am not a rifle guy but it still seems like a lot of gun for the money...especially considering the accuracy.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

I agree with the review. The comb height is the biggest issue for me followed by the mushy stock. I still like mine and will probably add a Boyds and see how that works. The 143 ELD-x has proven to be quite accurate and, with this weekends shot, deadly as well. I like it as a beater rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
                            I agree with the review. The comb height is the biggest issue for me followed by the mushy stock. I still like mine and will probably add a Boyds and see how that works. The 143 ELD-x has proven to be quite accurate and, with this weekends shot, deadly as well. I like it as a beater rifle.

Thanks for the comments, still weighing my options

Comment

Looks like I may be the next Ruger 6.5 victim. Been looking at the Browning A-bolt Hells Canyon too.

Comment

I love my 308. Mine shoots the PMC Bronze SP rounds at sub MOA. I bought them to just get close with, but they shot so good I just stuck with them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6244.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	24476537

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X