No announcement yet.

Never Forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can never forget that day. We lost 17 Electricians that day. 3 of whom I knew.
    Worked on the Museum and Memorial for 4.5 years. Most meaningful job in my life.
    This is how I memorialized them. EVERY fixture I put up, I wrote the names of our lost on the fixture support in the ceiling.
    068 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

This is a early pic before the site was complete.
    World-Trade-Center-Site by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

I will never forget what those evil ******* Muslims did to our brothers and sisters.

Comment

Amen

Comment

One of the few events of my lifetime where I can clearly remember where I was when I heard about it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            I can never forget that day. We lost 17 Electricians that day. 3 of whom I knew.
            Worked on the Museum and Memorial for 4.5 years. Most meaningful job in my life.
            This is how I memorialized them. EVERY fixture I put up, I wrote the names of our lost on the fixture support in the ceiling.
            Wow Tony! Thank you for the pictures. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'll never forget, but it sure doesn't seem like it's been 17 years!

Comment

never forget

Comment

Never forget.

Comment

God Bless America

Comment

God Bless America!
                    Anyone that can't stand for THAT flag is not an American as far as I am concerned... how far have we come...

Comment

Never forget! Also, the last time we were united as a country.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        God Bless America!
                        Anyone that can't stand for THAT flag is not an American as far as I am concerned... how far have we come...

Amen Brother!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So hard to believe it’s been 17yrs already. The effects of that day are as tragic as any modern day event in this nation. But the thing is, we all actually drew closer in the aftermath as it banded us together in patriotic support. Pride in our homeland was at an all time high as we all mourned together. Racism, religious and political views were actually taking a back seat as this great nation was on the mend.

Heck, things were going so well, we even elected the first black POTUS. Obama had an incredible opportunity and platform to do something so great. He was in a position to unify this country even more and distance the “us versus them” mentality. Instead, he chose to divide us even more. There is so much division now that it seems nobody can agree on anything anymore.

Now, instead of standing together like we were, we find new ways to be offended by everything and can’t even agree on the common good. What a shame.

Comment

Amen and God Bless America.

I'm reading The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 by Lawrence Wright right now. It is extremely well written and researched as well as interesting and frustrating. For anyone interested in the background and how the plot developed I highly recommend it.

Comment

[ame="http://vimeo.com/188560917?ref=fb-share&1"]9-11 Sounds of Silence Tribute (Disturbed) on Vimeo[/ame]

Comment

Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X