• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the first of Many!

Where was the pig hit at?

Comment

Hey guys, I know its getting a ways past the end of last deer season, but I've got a pup that I'd like to work with this summer. Anyone out there have some deer blood & or hide? I'd happily throw a few $$ in and a hell of a lot of appreciation. Thanks, CD

Comment

I posted a while back about getting a dog to get into tracking with. As life goes sometimes things didn’t workout the way I planned. Instead of being able to move further away from the city I’m somewhat being forced to stay in town for work and get a house with a normal suburban yard.
          My dilemma is this.
          Do I still get a dog for tracking (catahoula, lacy, etc.) or wait until I have more room for the dog to roam on a daily basis? I’d love to have a lacy pup but what I wouldn’t love is a miserable dog that tears up everything. I’ve never owned a lacy or been around one so I don’t know much about the breed, but that is the direction I plan to go in. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Do not get a working dog if you don't have the room for them. They need constant exercise and room to run burn off energy ECT. They are very high energy and high drive especially the lacys. My catahoula gets in several miles a day and still drives me crazy wanting to play. She is starting to calm down some and getting a little lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Do not get a working dog if you don't have the room for them. They need constant exercise and room to run burn off energy ECT. They are very high energy and high drive especially the lacys. My catahoula gets in several miles a day and still drives me crazy wanting to play. She is starting to calm down some and getting a little lazy.

Idk what’s worse, knowing I won’t be able to get a good dog for a few years or admitting I’m not active enough to keep up with him hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                Idk what’s worse, knowing I won’t be able to get a good dog for a few years or admitting I’m not active enough to keep up with him hahaha

I think you can still get a good dog and train it how you want I just wouldn't get an big working breed. I can admit I'm not active enough to keep up with mine!! 150 acres and a mule is the only way I can wear her out! research different breeds and talk to Sika and some others about lacys and see their thoughts.

Comment

I'm picking up a Catahoula from Duckdogtrainer today and was wondering did anybody have any blood and maybe a piece of hide somewhere between Baytown and Lake Charles.
                  This is Little Girl

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 09-13-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                    I'm picking up a Catahoula from Duckdogtrainer today and was wondering did anybody have any blood and maybe a piece of hide somewhere between Baytown and Lake Charles.

I’m short on blood, but have a lot of hide. WT and Axis, could meet you at the Beltway and I-10 if your interested

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                      This is Little Girl

I have some but I am an hour southwest of Houston on 59. I will be in Katy Saturday afternoon if that makes it any better for you. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                        Here's some pics...
                        That looks like a Catahoula mixed with something else to me. We have one and her name is Koda, she's a full blood Cat and tracks like a champ. Just give him a shot maybe he'll do it! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by dustinm View Post
                          I’m short on blood, but have a lot of hide. WT and Axis, could meet you at the Beltway and I-10 if your interested

I'm in Sulfur today and probably have to work this weekend.
                          May hit you up if I get out that way. Thanks.

Comment

Killer

Comment

Love tracking with dogs

Comment

Looking forward to some fun tracks and stories this season!
                                Delta is roaring and ready to go this will be her 3rd season tracking I believe. Got a new Cat pup that I have been working with the past month and he's off the a pretty good start. Up to 100 yard trails with a few turns now. Ready to get him on some easy tracks with a real animal at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X