No announcement yet.

Thermacell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont leave camp without it, especially during bow season.

Comment

I myself own 4 - the wife has 2 and so do I 1 for each of our backpacks and 1 in each blind Well worth the money

Comment

First time I ever use one was on a Canada bear hunt. I had already been warned about the mosquitoes and black flys so I had gloves and a head net. They were working fine, but just seeing the amount of bugs trying to get to me was nuts. I can promise you there wasn’t a spot on my body you could touch without hitting a fly or mosquito. I wanted to be scentless and not start the thermocell, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. Within 10 minutes after turning it on, the headnet, gloves, and long sleeves were off!
        I was with a group of 5 other hunters. After telling my story all of them jumped in the trucks and went to town and bought one. The closest town was over 2 hours away! They are believers now too!
        No doubt about it they work.

Comment

For skeeters it's the bees knees. For gnats it ain't worth spit.

Gary

Comment

Does it give off a smell that would spook deer?

Comment

A little but have had deer and pigs hanging out while using it.
              I tried the fresh earth smell and did not like it at all.
              Why go through all the trouble to be scent free then put some weird smell out there?
              Originally posted by marshman View Post
              Does it give off a smell that would spook deer?
              Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the reason I decided to buy one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Go buy one, they work. They make a table top thermacell lamp version also for out on the deck. The little bit of smell it gives off does not seem to alarm game.

Comment

They work.

Comment

I hunt in a swamp these things are great. I don't know how I ever hunted before I found them.

Comment

Game changing outdoors product. Get one and use it.

Comment

They work. Too much wind they don't work. Too little and you have to be right next to it. In a blind they are awesome. Crack the windows in your truck after a duck hunt and the little boogers will crawl over each other to get out.

Comment

I use it during early season, it works great

Comment

Just one of the products on the market that works as advertised! I don't know exactly how many I have, but I sure don't hit the east Texas woods without one in the early season.

There is another product that works just as well because it has the same active ingredient and works on the same principle. It's call Pic. it's those little green coils that look like the burner on an old electric stove. For those who are old enough to remember, they used to sell Pics at the drive in movie theater to put on your dash board of your car during the summer months when you had to leave your windows down at the movie because it was so hot... They're cheap and I use them too just about as much as the Thermacel... neat thing about them is they make a very consistent wind checker. You light them with a lighter or matches and they burn slowly like a punk used to light fireworks. One coil lasts a long time. I keep them in every pack and in my truck and UTV just in case... Academy sells them and there's at least 2 coils in a package...

Comment

Has anyone else had any experience with the deer smelling/spooking because of the Thermacell? Its the only reason I haven't taken mine to the blind. Like said above, I work too hard to be scent free, I am skeptical about putting a different scent out there... If the deer don't smell it, or if they are indifferent to it, I'll gladly take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X