Does the media tell the truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the media tell the truth?

Do we get facts anymore or only what they want us to hear?

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lP1REMthJA"]Citizen reporters go & do what the media won't! - YouTube[/ame]

No

Comment

For profit. So NO. Half truths and sensationalism and fear mongering get more ad revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 13 year old daughter told me yesterday that the US has more Corona cases than anyone else in the world. I asked her if she understood per capita...once she got it, it bothered her than someone would twist the truth. I then explained communist China to her.

Earlier today, I gave her her first gun...a Sig P238. She did well with the G26 and 19...but can only rack the 238.

Comment

Journalism is gone. The media broadcast only what a political tells them and pays them.

Comment

They can say and do anything they want and no consequences. Kinda like about 1/2 of the kids now days

Comment

No. I always like to see the clips of the reporters when a hurricane comes in and they pretend to be blown around. You cannot hardly get any real news these days. I just stick to a couple am radio stations or TBH for news.

Comment

Both sources are unreliable

I don’t trust the news media very much
                But I also am skeptical of some weeks old YouTube video
                Both aren’t really reliable
                The unreliable mainstream media is probably more updated on 4/5/2020 then video from 3/? / 2020 on CV19 because of its rapid growth

And the YouTube channel is full of nutty conspiracy theory videos
                Attached Files
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-05-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

A related question might be: "can the average Joe handle the truth if it was told to him on a consistent basis?"

Comment

Simple answer is no

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      A related question might be: "can the average Joe handle the truth if it was told to him on a consistent basis?"
                      Answer:
                      Attached Files

Comment

My sister went to Ben Taub Friday night and said no one was there.............

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          My 13 year old daughter told me yesterday that the US has more Corona cases than anyone else in the world. I asked her if she understood per capita...once she got it, it bothered her than someone would twist the truth. I then explained communist China to her.

Earlier today, I gave her her first gun...a Sig P238. She did well with the G26 and 19...but can only rack the 238.
                          Good gun.

Now on the subject. I don't even want to watch the lies, or rather the news anymore. It's all one sided and not really the truth.

Comment

I'm just gonna consider the question, retoric………………...

Comment

I don't believe so. To me stories are put out with an agenda in mind.
                              Most of the time the agenda is in contradiction to what conservative people see as free America.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X