Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Seeing as about 1/2 of you guys and gals would sacrifice me (Im high risk) to save your wallet I think I'll just pray for all of us.
    How would anyone elses action affect you.

You just lock yourself in your home and your good right?

Comment

We should find out pretty quick. Georgia governor just opened up the public beaches and is considering lifting other bans

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Im retired and have no financial worrries unless my pension fund collapses.
        I'm one of the ones that want to get back to work. I've been self employed for 30 years and if we don't get back soon I'll need to close up shop. In that time frame I have never not met payroll or missed paying a bill on time. I have employees that rely I "me" for a paycheck to support their families. I don't want to be that guy that has to let any employee go . I've already eliminated "my" pay check the last two pay periods to buy more time to weather this storm. So it isn't about the almighty dollar for me.

My question is for the at high risk people. Is it wrong to ask all the high risk people to self quarantine to allow those of us that still need pay checks to support our family to get back to work?

If we go into a depression (that's the direction we are headed) causing millions of people to be unemployed, food rationing and desperation, a whole lot more people are going to dye from other methods than from this virus. The dollar will basically be worthless too.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          I'm one of the ones that want to get back to work. I've been self employed for 30 years and if we don't get back soon I'll need to close up shop. In that time frame I have never not met payroll or missed paying a bill on time. I have employees that rely I "me" for a paycheck to support their families. I don't want to be that guy that has to let any employee go . I've already eliminated "my" pay check the last two pay periods to buy more time to weather this storm. So it isn't about the almighty dollar for me.

My question is for the at high risk people. Is it wrong to ask all the high risk people to self quarantine to allow those of us that still need pay checks to support our family to get back to work?

If we go into a depression (that's the direction we are headed) causing millions of people to be unemployed, food rationing and desperation, a whole lot more people are going to dye from other methods than from this virus. The dollar will basically be worthless too.

I support this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Everybody that’s healthy is only healthy until they’re not. When this thing first started TBH was full of “it ain’t nuthin’ but the flu”. This mindset is why it’s like a wildfire right now in the big cities. People continue to congregate. It’s one thing for a person to choose his or her own fate, but when you are carrying Covid-19 and don’t know it you can infect so many others that didn’t choose that fate. It’s like a ripple in a pond, it just keeps going. I agree that if the current conditions continue it will play hell with our economy, but money isn’t everything. Ask a dying man if he would rather have five more years or a million dollars. I think y’all know what that answer would be.

Believe me, I understand where y’all are coming from, and I hope and pray that we can get a handle on this, and not for selfish reasons. I’m 73, my life is all but over, I’ve made all the money I’m gonna make and I’m pretty sure I’ll never get the virus because of my lifestyle. Hell, I don’t even get a flu shot, because I’m never around people. Gotta make contact with somebody to get sick. Right now, I’m thinking about all the crap that’s gonna happen when people are at a loss as to how to cope, I’m betting they’re gonna do some crazy **** in order to stay alive. I’m betting the things most folks are griping about now are gonna be the least of our worries. I hope I’m wrong.
            If you think my motive is to preserve my money while somebody else dies, then you don't understand what I said at all. I'm worried about the virus as well as the long term damage to our collective safety resulting from intentionally killing our economy.

And, while some people are congregating in big numbers and ignoring the recommendations to not do that, I haven't heard of anyone anywhere being required to join them. The folks who are at high risk and the folks who aren't but are still just scared of the virus are free to just stay home still, right? You still have the right to choose your own response to this thing, even if other people are able to choose theirs and get back to work. We need people to get back to work so that people like you will have everything you need to be safe, well fed, and cared for.
            Last edited by Shane; 04-04-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Great thread BTW - I truly like to read different perspectives based on current situations.

I have not once advocated the personal wealth over the health of the US! I have not read anyone else advocating that either. As the people who strongly believe that we should SIP for the good of all, we who believe the economic implications for the entire US economy.

I am also a business owner with 15 plus full time employees. I have left the majority of profits in the company for growth. Thank God i have done that so I can afford to pay my people who cant work due to all of the closures such as child care. I have been working since this thing started due to being essential. I have had to enter multiple facilities for material and goods and so far I have not been infected. I have taken all precautions that I can and I assure you my wife is very worried for me and the family.

I will continue to pray!

Comment

For those that missed it. Real life experience from my sister in China that has been through https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1460943304

Comment

You young ones keep working and pay taxes. I'm receiving Social security and have my Medicare card. No money in the stock market. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    If you think my motive is to preserve my money while somebody else dies, then you don't understand what I said at all. I'm worried about the virus as well as the long term damage to our collective safety resulting from intentionally killing our economy.

And, while some people are congregating in big numbers and ignoring the recommendations to not do that, I haven't heard of anyone anywhere being required to join them. The folks who are at high risk and the folks who aren't but are still just scared of the virus are free to just stay home still, right? You still have the right to choose your own response to this thing, even if other people are able to choose theirs and get back to work. We need people to get back to work so that people like you will have everything you need to be safe, well fed, and cared for.

I cannot figure out why this is so hard to grasp...

I do not have near the grasp on the economy that you do, but it doesn’t take Warren Buffett to see what we’re gonna have left after this virus, if something doesn’t change VERY quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few. It's always been that way. You seal off a water tight bulkhead to keep the ship afloat even if some sailors are caught in that compartment.
                      But this virus isn't killing everyone. Y'all act like everyone who gets t is doomed. That is far from the truth. A bunch of people have to get it to build immunity to it.
                      The problem is the lies being spread by the government/ media that fuel the social disorder that will end up killing more than the virus. 90 to 120 days is not temporary and nobody I know has supplies for that long of a hold out.

Gary
                      A oncologist posted this today concerned about his cancer and hemotolgy patients
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        A oncologist posted this today concerned about his cancer and hemotolgy patients
                        Is that all you got? Calling me a jackass? Weak.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I cannot figure out why this is so hard to grasp...

I do not have near the grasp on the economy that you do, but it doesn’t take Warren Buffett to see what we’re gonna have left after this virus, if something doesn’t change VERY quickly.

Dale, this is what will happen if we go back to business as usual:
                          1) the virus will spread rapidly, it’s incredibly contagious. Think Wuhan in the early stages.
                          2) 20% will have severe symptoms and a bunch of them will be hospitalized. Based on what we’ve seen so far in hard hit areas.
                          3) Nurses and doctors taking care of those people will become infected and taken out. There’s not enough PPE, look at New York for an example of this. Some data suggest its more severe in medical staff because they are getting multiple exposures.
                          4) Now there’s no one available to take care of the folks left. Or prepare for the second wave. You basically decimate the healthcare infrastructure

Comment

Yes tightly populated areas using public transportation are more at risk.
                            Doesn't change the fact the rest of us are in a bad situation not because of the virus, but because of government over reach.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              My daughter had the virus a couple weeks ago. My parents are in their 70s. My dad has an autoimmune disease and is pretty weak. He's also at HIGH risk of catching every virus that comes along. My mom just had breast cancer and radiation a few months ago. She's pretty high risk for things like this too. They're also at high risk of being the victims of all of the negative effects of an economic depression. I love my family more than life itself. I'm not willing to sacrifice their lives to preserve my money or anyone else's money. And, frankly, it's it's an insult to continue to hear that is what is being advocated by those of us who recognize the real risks of financial collapse. I know you're not trying to be insulting - at ALL. And I'm not mad at you. It's just frustrating to keep seeing that response in these conversations everywhere.

"Temporary isolation" was acceptable when it meant "2 weeks and we can flatten the curve". But every day, "temporary isolation" is morphing into "indefinite isolation". It's now meaning something closer to 2 months. What will it mean tomorrow? Every week we keep things shut down, the other risks to our loved ones lives go up. That curve will grow exponentially too, if we allow it to.
                              This is much more eloquently stated than I could have come up with, that being said, I agree 100%.

We are on the verge of a monumental and life changing economic collapse of which the world has never seen. We can not afford to be shut down for another 30-45 days. If y’all though the collapse of 2008 was bad, just sit back and watch this epic train wreck unfold if we keep the economy shut down for another 45 days

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                Na. Those GIs would have just capped that donkey. Something else going on there. Irrelevant to this situation

Comment

Working...
                                X