Who will not vote for Trump in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    This is exactly my thinking, and I believe Trump to be an enemy of conservatism in general and the Constitution in particular. I won't say that I couldn't change my mind before November, but it would require some MAJOR convincing from Trump to convince me that I'm wrong about him. Blind faith comments of support from his fans don't do anything for me (no offense to you guys). Trump's history and current actions say a lot more about who he is than anything or anyone else ever could, and I don't like what that says about him at all.

That said, the alternative is equally horrible, so it's an extremely tough call. Also, who knows what all is going to play out in the next 8 months? There may not be a Republican Party left to worry about salvaging. Hillary may be indicted. Lord only knows what else could happen. I'll decide for sure in about 7.9 months, I imagine.

I pray that the decision will be between Ted Cruz and somebody else, not including Trump as an independent, come November.
    This^^

Comment

I will vote Republican. No matter what!

Comment

I am more afraid of what Trump's affect to the midterm election is senate and house seats if elected. I think I'm with Hamilton on this, but don't think I could vote for Hillary. I would vote for Bernie over Trump. No way his policies would pass and he is Pro 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
          “If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.”

-- Alexander Hamilton
          I'm pretty sure that speech ended up with him getting shot.

Comment

I've already held my nose and voted for Cruz in the primary. I won't do it again in the General. If he's the nominee, looks like I'll be voting third party (I don't believe in not voting.)

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              I will vote Republican. No matter what!
              Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                I'm pretty sure that speech ended up with him getting shot.
                Ha ha! Well, Trump did say he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't care.

Comment

The only problem with not voting out of protest, voting a third party, writing Mickey Mouse on a write in, etc., is a flawed and foolish concept (heavy on the foolish). I know that many will do it anyway.

The problem is that we are going to be stuck with either the Democratic or Republican nominee in the White House for at least the next four years. It is unavoidable. It is not like joining an armed revolution to overthrow the government where you might risk death but you at least the possibility to win the fight or you might die but win freedom for the future generations. It is not like refusing to go into a store or restaurant because they post a 30.07 sign. If a person won't eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream because the owners are ultra liberal, great.

If Trump is the Republican nominee by the RNC then either he or Hillary will be the leader of this country and the only way to avoid the consequences is to move to another country.

The lesser of evils most definitely comes into play. Every single person elected to the presidency is the lesser of evils because not one person under our current system has a majority of votes to support an election when the primaries begin. Usually it is not even close.

So while a person can say that he will not vote for a less or evils, if he remains in the country then he will be stuck with other people's opinion on which side is lesser. Avoiding the polls in protest does not avoid the results.

Look at it like this. You are in your home with your entire family and no means to defend yourself. A gang is outside and giving your two options. You can turn over the keys to your car and they will leave. If not your other option is that they will burn down your house and kill you and your family and then take your car anyway. You say, "Both are evil criminal acts and I choose not to turn over my car keys in protest. I will not choose the lesser of evils".

Okay, that is your choice but you will suffer the consequences anyway because there is no way out.

In this upcoming election, either the RNC or the DNC nominee will be the president. You can lose a little or you can lose a lot.

Each person obviously has the right to make his own decision but I don't understand the rationale of allowing the house to burn down and my family brutally murdered in order to stand my ground.

It is often said that you have to pick your battles. Most of the time that is true however in a national election the battle has been joined without your consent. We will have a Democrat or Republican president and no protest will stop it. You have no option other than to try and sway it in your favor. Refusing to vote is allowing someone else to make your decisions for you. I am sometimes in wonder of the thought process of a person that stands his ground in pride by a refusal to vote (or vote for a third party which is the same)..... and then gives up that same ground by letting another person choose for him.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    The only problem with not voting out of protest, voting a third party, writing Mickey Mouse on a write in, etc., is a flawed and foolish concept (heavy on the foolish). I know that many will do it anyway.

The problem is that we are going to be stuck with either the Democratic or Republican nominee in the White House for at least the next four years. It is unavoidable. It is not like joining an armed revolution to overthrow the government where you might risk death but you at least the possibility to win the fight or you might die but win freedom for the future generations. It is not like refusing to go into a store or restaurant because they post a 30.07 sign. If a person won't eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream because the owners are ultra liberal, great.

If Trump is the Republican nominee by the RNC then either he or Hillary will be the leader of this country and the only way to avoid the consequences is to move to another country.

The lesser of evils most definitely comes into play. Every single person elected to the presidency is the lesser of evils because not one person under our current system has a majority of votes to support an election when the primaries begin. Usually it is not even close.

So while a person can say that he will not vote for a less or evils, if he remains in the country then he will be stuck with other people's opinion on which side is lesser. Avoiding the polls in protest does not avoid the results.

Look at it like this. You are in your home with your entire family and no means to defend yourself. A gang is outside and giving your two options. You can turn over the keys to your car and they will leave. If not your other option is that they will burn down your house and kill you and your family and then take your car anyway. You say, "Both are evil criminal acts and I choose not to turn over my car keys in protest. I will not choose the lesser of evils".

Okay, that is your choice but you will suffer the consequences anyway because there is no way out.

In this upcoming election, either the RNC or the DNC nominee will be the president. You can lose a little or you can lose a lot.

Each person obviously has the right to make his own decision but I don't understand the rationale of allowing the house to burn down and my family brutally murdered in order to stand my ground.

It is often said that you have to pick your battles. Most of the time that is true however in a national election the battle has been joined without your consent. We will have a Democrat or Republican president and no protest will stop it. You have no option other than to try and sway it in your favor. Refusing to vote is allowing someone else to make your decisions for you. I am sometimes in wonder of the thought process of a person that stands his ground in pride by a refusal to vote (or vote for a third party which is the same)..... and then gives up that same ground by letting another person choose for him.
                    What he said

Comment

What if the choices are pretty much equal evils? It's much easier when there is an obvious lesser evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                        I will vote for Trump if he wins the nomination

and if the Republican party refuses to allow him to run... I will vote for him anyway..

If Cruz wins the nomination outright I'll vote for Cruz..

but if the Republican party takes the nomination from Trump and gives it to Cruz.. I will vote for Trump..
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Well said...I agree

Comment

On Friday, Breitbart News editor-at-large and DailyWire.com editor-in-chief announced that he would never vote for Donald Trump.

He says it better than I can, and this plus other issues I have with Trump are how I came to my decision.
                            Last edited by Big H; 03-08-2016, 05:44 PM. Reason: Add explanation

Comment

I can't vote for a guy with a liberal record like his.

Comment

Look... You can only vote for my side, or you're not invited to my birthday party!!

Political discussuons (arguments) are entertaining (in the train wreck sense) because people are so blinded by their beliefs that they can't use logic or even common sense. You have grown men and women arguing about things they haven't even thought through because "they seen it on Fox News", tha innur-net, etc.

I'm voting third party because I've been disgusted by this Republican race. I'm just about done with them. I think it's time to change it up and that's the way I'll vote.

The Donald is hilarious, I'll give him that. He's even grown on me a little as this progressed because he's different, but I can't vote for the guy. Those that do support him shouldn't be belittled for their decision, they should be proud of their candidate.

I'd just as soon vote for the Bern rather than some of these sleazy clowns on the R side. It has sickened me and pushed my vote away.

Comment

Working...
                                X